Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Seeking poly people for the National Geographic Channel Series TABOO (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8421)

AllyResearcher 04-04-2011 01:18 AM

Seeking poly people for the National Geographic Channel Series TABOO

To the lovely people at Polyamory.com,

My name is Alison Barnes and I’m a Researcher on the long-running prime-time documentary series TABOO on National Geographic Channel.

I've found you through the forum Polyamory Weekly - a logical place to go to find proud poly people.
We’re doing a story on polyamory and I'm looking for poly people who are interested in sharing their stories and adventures.

A little about the show:

Taboo presents an in-depth analysis of human behaviours and customs from around the world. As the title suggests, the focus is on practices that some countries or cultures might consider strange. But often things that are considered taboo are not well understood. Our aim is to explore these customs, practices and behaviors in order to shed light on them. In each episode, personal stories are presented alongside analysis from leading academics and experts in the relevant field.

Our production office is based in Sydney Australia Australia, and we shoot all over the world, particularly in the US and UK.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this post If you think this might be something you're interested in then I'd love to hear from you, just email me ASAP at: alison_barnes@beyond.com.au and I'll get back to you promptly.

Warm Regards,

--
Alison Barnes | Researcher

Beyond Productions
109 Reserve Road, Artarmon NSW 2064

Phone: (61 2) 9437 2103
Fax: (61 2) 9437 2094
Email: alison_barnes@beyond.com.au

LT4everu2 04-04-2011 02:04 AM

So tell the truth who wrote to them? We did not, thought about it but our poly life is so boring.

TL4everu2 04-04-2011 02:08 AM

Sounds interesting....

MonoVCPHG 04-04-2011 02:33 AM

Wow! Poly in high definition...next it will be on Blu Ray :D

TL4everu2 04-04-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 74523)
Wow! Poly in high definition...next it will be on Blu Ray :D

And I still won't be able to watch it. :(

MonoVCPHG 04-04-2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL4everu2 (Post 74525)
And I still won't be able to watch it. :(

Neither will I....I haven't owned a TV in almost two years! I don't even have a DVD player...or a microwave....or a toaster oven....or a dishwasher. Holy shit I'm basically a cave man :o

TruckerPete 04-04-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 74554)
Neither will I....I haven't owned a TV in almost two years! I don't even have a DVD player...or a microwave....or a toaster oven....or a dishwasher. Holy shit I'm basically a cave man :o

But you have a door! I'd trade my microwave for a door to Mr. A. ;)

Setxfamily 04-04-2011 11:37 PM

Nope. but boy we really love that show but I doubt that we are ready to see ourselves in an episode yet.

LovingRadiance 04-05-2011 12:00 AM

I haven't had television in over 15 years. Haven't even heard of the show. :(

I need a door-and a room to go along with the door!
;)

MonoVCPHG 04-05-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruckerPete (Post 74598)
I'd trade my microwave for a door to Mr. A. ;)

Thank god his last name isn't Hole.