Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poly Discussions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unrequited love between metamours (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8336)

AnnabelMore 03-31-2011 02:25 AM

Unrequited love between metamours

Is this something that happens much? Have you ever had a crush, that wasn't returned, on your lover's lover? Or had your partner's parter tell you they loved you when you didn't feel the same way?

redpepper 03-31-2011 06:38 AM

Well I just said in another thread that metamour love is the back bone of successful poly relationships to me. This is taking it to another level!

LovingRadiance 03-31-2011 06:48 AM

I had a crush on Maca's gf. I can't say she didn't also have a crush on me possibly, but certainly not the same way/depth/level.

I adore her, she's a doll. But, I have to limit my time around them, because I get jealous of the attention she gives him... I know-fucking assbackwards. I just wish... :)

She's a sweetheart, treats me with love, respect, honor. I absolutely fell for her when she wrote in a note to me "thank you for sharing your M with me." It seems silly even to me, when I repeat it. But when she wrote that and I read it-it just drove straight into my heart. It was such a metamouristic thing to say (yes I made that word up) and I thought OMG she's SO amazing!

She's intelligent, beautiful, sexy, fun, sincere, caring, considerate, patient, accepting...
I could go on and on and on....

:o

MrFarFromRight 03-31-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovingRadiance (Post 73882)
I had a crush on Maca's gf. I can't say she didn't also have a crush on me possibly, but certainly not the same way/depth/level.

I adore her, she's a doll. But, I have to limit my time around them, because I get jealous of the attention she gives him... I know-fucking assbackwards. I just wish... :)

She's a sweetheart, treats me with love, respect, honor. I absolutely fell for her when she wrote in a note to me "thank you for sharing your M with me." It seems silly even to me, when I repeat it. But when she wrote that and I read it-it just drove straight into my heart. It was such a metamouristic thing to say (yes I made that word up) and I thought OMG she's SO amazing!

She's intelligent, beautiful, sexy, fun, sincere, caring, considerate, patient, accepting...
I could go on and on and on....

:o

Hey! Sounds like you're in love. Questions coming. You mix past and present tenses here [you'll love French verbs!]: "I had a crush", "I can't say she didn't also have a crush", "I adore her". So, has she still (maybe) got a crush on you? Do you still have a crush on her? Is bi a possibility for both of you? Is there a really big deal about "certainly not the same way/depth/level"? Wouldn't this (maybe) work itself out (level out / reach dizzy heights together) if you were to get involved romantically and/or sexually? Or would that REALLY drive Maca over the edge?:(/:mad:/:eek:

Just questions from a somewhat shy Yeti curious about those human polys...

Is she the one that likes straggly beards? in that case, I agree with everything you say about her!

Tonberry 03-31-2011 06:13 PM

I has never happened to me, as I'm straight and have only been involved with straight guys so far, but I imagine it would be a pretty tricky situation.

magikman79 04-01-2011 01:58 AM

I watch a lot of Asian cinema & Unrequited love is a common theme there, I always loved those stories SO MUCH, until I felt it myself...

"If only..." the 2 saddest words in any language...

AnnabelMore 04-01-2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magikman79 (Post 74027)
I watch a lot of Asian cinema & Unrequited love is a common theme there, I always loved those stories SO MUCH, until I felt it myself...

"If only..." the 2 saddest words in any language...

Emotional rejection actually does cause pain, as a recent study found: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ealth-science/

magikman79 04-01-2011 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnabelMore (Post 74032)
Emotional rejection actually does cause pain, as a recent study found: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ealth-science/

True... True...

BrigidsDaughter 04-01-2011 03:35 AM

When Wendigo and I first got together, I was terrified of Pretty Lady. Now I love her and know that she doesn't love me the same way.... oh, she's definitely physically attracted to me, but she's doesn't believe she's poly so she won't let her feelings go beyond a crush and a friends with benefits situation. Since that means I get to keep her in my life, I'm okay with that, but it does sting a little sometimes.

magikman79 04-01-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter (Post 74038)
When Wendigo and I first got together, I was terrified of Pretty Lady. Now I love her and know that she doesn't love me the same way.... oh, she's definitely physically attracted to me, but she's doesn't believe she's poly so she won't let her feelings go beyond a crush and a friends with benefits situation. Since that means I get to keep her in my life, I'm okay with that, but it does sting a little sometimes.

Be careful, feelings can & Do change.