Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   not really "new" to polyamory...but... (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7419)

lovemultiplied 03-03-2011 04:53 AM

not really "new" to polyamory...but...

...new to attempting to make friends who are "in the same boat" as me... with whom I can talk about this amazing lifestyle that allows us to expand our relationships through opening our hearts to others outside a traditional marriage.

I would love some new friends (especially females - as pretty much NONE of my female friends who are local are poly!!!) so feel free to send me an email or message on here: lovemultiplied@gmail.com

:)

ImaginaryIllusion 03-03-2011 04:10 PM

Welcome to the Forum.

WonderingAbout 03-04-2011 06:12 PM

Welcome aboard ^_^ can't wait to hear more about you

lovemultiplied 03-04-2011 07:29 PM

More about me... I'm 29...mom to 3 beautiful yours, mine, and ours daughters... Adoring wife of almost 5 years to an intelligent, attractive, loving, amazing man... Im currently in school for my masters in psychology and would ultimately like to work in juvenile corrections... In my "spare" time... I participate in endurance sports... Half ironman triathlons... Century bike rides... Marathons and half marathons... Bikram yoga...cross fit...paddle boarding... Hiking... Anything out doors... And raising my smart, beautiful daughters to be strong, independent and loving women...

We started on this poly journey around January 2009 though I have always been of the poly mindset (or more so, just not comfortable with lifelong monogamy...) and have a supportive partner with whom I can enjoy this enriching lifestyle...

We have had a hard time meeting people in our area who are poly and I crave finding people with whom I can share my experiences, fears, insecurities, etc... My best friend listens and accepts my lifestyle, and although she says these relationships would be the ideal lifestyle for her, her husband could not disagree more...so while I can talk about things with her, she's never lived it... So it is hard sometimes.

Anyway..want to know more...just ask :)

WonderingAbout 03-04-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemultiplied (Post 69454)
More about me... I'm 29...mom to 3 beautiful yours, mine, and ours daughters... Adoring wife of almost 5 years to an intelligent, attractive, loving, amazing man... Im currently in school for my masters in psychology and would ultimately like to work in juvenile corrections... In my "spare" time... I participate in endurance sports... Half ironman triathlons... Century bike rides... Marathons and half marathons... Bikram yoga...cross fit...paddle boarding... Hiking... Anything out doors... And raising my smart, beautiful daughters to be strong, independent and loving women...

We started on this poly journey around January 2009 though I have always been of the poly mindset (or more so, just not comfortable with lifelong monogamy...) and have a supportive partner with whom I can enjoy this enriching lifestyle...

We have had a hard time meeting people in our area who are poly and I crave finding people with whom I can share my experiences, fears, insecurities, etc... My best friend listens and accepts my lifestyle, and although she says these relationships would be the ideal lifestyle for her, her husband could not disagree more...so while I can talk about things with her, she's never lived it... So it is hard sometimes.

Anyway..want to know more...just ask :)

Thanks for the info. You sound like a very well rounded and interesting woman.

I can feel your pain in not having anyone to really talk to locally/close about your experience with this chosen life style. I have found most can't wrap their brain around it but some have been supportive and a few others intrigued.

The idea of lifelong monogamy is something that never sat quite right we me either and for the longest I chalked it up to being "young" or any other reason society fed me.

I hope you find what you are looking for here (what are you looking for btw...lol)

ImaginaryIllusion 03-04-2011 07:40 PM

Rock'on. San Diego is a fun town, and there's a few others around here that are around there.