Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poly Relationships Corner (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Time management (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68061)

Labs07 12-19-2013 08:54 PM

Time management

This really should be a poll but I don't know how to do that on here. Interested in what other people are doing out there with their relationships. How many days per week do you all spend with your primary and secondary.
I spend 1 night a week with my secondary and every other week I spend two nights.

Spock 12-19-2013 09:03 PM

I have a related question: How much time did you need to establish your relationships?

Labs07 12-19-2013 09:05 PM

I've known the woman for two and half years but really got serious about 6 months ago. We have been having overnights for about two months.

WhatToDo 12-19-2013 09:11 PM

One night a week on a regular basis but pretty constant communication during the week. This is with my girlfriend and it took a few months to really establish the relationship. Anything over that one night I look at as a bonus and if it were up to me it would be more than that.

Dagferi 12-19-2013 09:13 PM

I spend 12-14 days a month with Murf those are overnights and days.

The rest of my time is with Butch.

Labs07 12-19-2013 09:16 PM

Work and family commitments has tied up most of the time! My GF would like more but I have so much on my plate right now that is all I can give her. Sometimes I feel like I'm ripping her off!

LovingRadiance 12-19-2013 09:16 PM

I live with both of my partners. I don't do overnights often with GG-because I get anxiety issues in his room (due to his disorganization). But the opportunity to spend time exists every day.
I had a relationship with GG for 5 years before I married Maca. At this point.. almost 21 years with GG and 15 with Maca.

Dagferi 12-19-2013 09:23 PM

I have kids and two jobs actually.. My guys work long crappy hours. Butch 3pm-11pm 7 days straight with 2 days off then 8 days straight with 4 days. Murf works 12hr midnights.Butch watches the kids so I can see Murf if he is off. If he is working then the kids come along.

Where there is a will there is a way.

FindingMyselfInTheGrey 12-19-2013 11:41 PM

We try to keep things as equal as possible. We do take into account, special events (birthdays or anniversaries) and job requirements. GF travels a lot for work. Hubbs goes back and forth between her house and mine. If she's going to be traveling he spends extra time with her before she leaves and upon her return

So for us a two week breakdown (without modifications)would look something like this:
M =Me
T = Me
W = GF
T = GF
F = GF
S = Me
S = Me
M = GF
T = GF
W = Me
T = Me
F = Me
S = GF
S = GF

ETA: As an additional FYI - Neither of us has kids and we live within 15 miles of each other.

BigGuy 12-20-2013 02:14 AM

Travel for work varies from 0-5 nights a week, averaging 2 nights a week. I see Suzanne 1-2 nights every other week. Sheila has to put up with me the rest of the time.