Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Question! (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595)

berserker239 08-05-2009 12:51 AM

Question!
 
So ive been debating a new hairstyle.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ba5bb4ebed.jpg

This is me currently.

Ive been thinking about growing it down to shoulder length or alittle past and then rolling it into dreadlocks and wearing a headband so it flows backwards.

I asked my girlfriend and she said id look good, but no matter what i do to myself she says i look good. Haha, so i cant really take her opinion on my physical features too seriously.

What do you guys think? Dreads or no dreads, if not what SHOULD i do.


Ps. I swear to god im not gay, i just like hair ^^

Rarechild 08-05-2009 12:59 AM

I've been thinking about the dreds too. My hair has always wanted to be dreds. I say if it's something you're thinking about, do it if your job situation allows it. Why;) not. You obviously want to and they'd look good on ya. A shaved head would probably also look good on ya, which is the point where we differ on this hair question. :)

Just roll em tight and keep em clean, man.

-R

berserker239 08-05-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rarechild (Post 4061)
I've been thinking about the dreds too. My hair has always wanted to be dreds. I say if it's something you're thinking about, do it if your job situation allows it. Why;) not. You obviously want to and they'd look good on ya. A shaved head would probably also look good on ya, which is the point where we differ on this hair question. :)

Just roll em tight and keep em clean, man.

-R

The job only lasts till the end of this month unfortunately. Then i go back to school. My school doesnt have any policies on funky hairstyles to my knowlage, only beef is my great aunt.

I cant do half the shit i want to do because i live here. It sucks but fuck it, what am i gonna do? Im trying to sort everything i wanna get done for when i move out, its gonna be my treat to myself for making it through everything i went through still sane. So far i got *gets out list* Tongue peircing, possibly eyebrow, dreads, shitlot of tatoos, motorcycle, and maybe snake bites.

River 08-05-2009 02:16 AM

Ah, youth!

I like your hair straight -- nice color. Longer would be fine, but dreads? Hmm. Do what you want, but I don't think dreads would be an improvement on your lovely locks.

As for body modification -- tatoos, piercings... -- just know that you're making a deal with somebody you are going to be 5, 10, 15... 30 years down the road. He may have a very different opinion than you do on the matter. Really. And that shit's hard to rearrange if you get exotic about it.

Sunshinegrl 08-05-2009 02:28 AM

I like you hair how it is.. THAT said.. Im gonna shut up..Cause Im not a fan of Dreds. lol. But they would suit you.

berserker239 08-05-2009 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRiverMartin (Post 4070)
Ah, youth!

I like your hair straight -- nice color. Longer would be fine, but dreads? Hmm. Do what you want, but I don't think dreads would be an improvement on your lovely locks.

As for body modification -- tatoos, piercings... -- just know that you're making a deal with somebody you are going to be 5, 10, 15... 30 years down the road. He may have a very different opinion than you do on the matter. Really. And that shit's hard to rearrange if you get exotic about it.

Noooo im NOT gay D: no he, she

Thanks so much for the compliment on my hair <3 lol, i love the texture of my hair, im just not so much enjoying the wow factor of it. Im kinda a retro guy, like stuck in the 80s if you cant tell haha. I know dreads arent 80s but their sure as hell metal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshinegrl (Post 4070)
I like you hair how it is.. THAT said.. Im gonna shut up..Cause Im not a fan of Dreds. lol. But they would suit you.

xD So far 3 yays and 2 nays. Also, you dont need to shut up! Talk talk talk!

vandalin 08-05-2009 03:35 AM

My hubby has long hair, a little past the shoulders, and he is definitely not gay...I don't know where this long hair=gay thing comes from really. lol

That being said, I'd say go with the shoulder length, it would look good. I'm not a fan of dreads (making it 3-3) but you may be surprised at how different your hair behaves when longer/shorter. I had about 13 inches hacked off my hair and it's now the same length as my hubby's and it behaves very differently than when it went down to my rear.

And I think what JRiver is saying about the "making a deal with someone" is you are making a deal with yourself 5-10-15-50 years down the road. You will have to live with the body modifications for the rest of your life, that is why some people encourage you to be absolutely sure about what and where you do them before doing them. Worse case scenarios, think gang members and their tats, they don't go away, they can sometimes be altered (I know someone who had a tat on his arm altered from a woman giving a guy a BJ to an eagle...very nice work and if you look hard you can just kinda make out the old tat.) and new technology can supposedly remove it, although I haven't seen the final results, it costs a lot of money. Also, a really cool tat when you are young can look really really bad when you are older as your body shape changes.

Not saying, don't get it done, just make sure you know exactly what you are doing...

berserker239 08-05-2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandalin (Post 4089)
My hubby has long hair, a little past the shoulders, and he is definitely not gay...I don't know where this long hair=gay thing comes from really. lol

That being said, I'd say go with the shoulder length, it would look good. I'm not a fan of dreads (making it 3-3) but you may be surprised at how different your hair behaves when longer/shorter. I had about 13 inches hacked off my hair and it's now the same length as my hubby's and it behaves very differently than when it went down to my rear.

And I think what JRiver is saying about the "making a deal with someone" is you are making a deal with yourself 5-10-15-50 years down the road. You will have to live with the body modifications for the rest of your life, that is why some people encourage you to be absolutely sure about what and where you do them before doing them. Worse case scenarios, think gang members and their tats, they don't go away, they can sometimes be altered (I know someone who had a tat on his arm altered from a woman giving a guy a BJ to an eagle...very nice work and if you look hard you can just kinda make out the old tat.) and new technology can supposedly remove it, although I haven't seen the final results, it costs a lot of money. Also, a really cool tat when you are young can look really really bad when you are older as your body shape changes.

Not saying, don't get it done, just make sure you know exactly what you are doing...

I dont gotta worry about my tongue getting old and droopy. The holes in my lips and eyebrow will close if i want them to, the only real problem is the tats. I was gonna get the heart (and make it black) to symbolize the realtionship with my mother. It was literally a love hate relationship. I loved her but i also hated her for everything she did to me.

vandalin 08-05-2009 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berserker239 (Post 4093)
I was gonna get the heart (and make it black) to symbolize the relationship with my mother. It was literally a love hate relationship. I loved her but i also hated her for everything she did to me.

That's not too bad. Usually simple shapes and designs do well with age, it's the more elaborate designs that can get distorted badly depending on location. Where were you going to get it placed?

berserker239 08-05-2009 03:43 AM

Left shoulderblade. Thats where she had hers, so i figure its as good a place as any. Not gonna put it on my bicep, thats just retarded.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 PM.