Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   North America (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   NY Polys? (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585)

XYZ123 08-03-2009 01:11 AM

NY Polys?

I figured, what the heck. My hubby and I are in NYC and have decided that, after the baby is born, we're going to start immersing ourselves a bit into the world that is poly. I'd like to maybe go to meetings, clubs, whatever's out there but I don't know where to start. He's found websites and events but I am SO shy about just showing up. I'd love to get to know people who are into the lifestyle and willing to show newbies around or at least help us be prepared for what to expect in the NYC scene. I'm only interested in friendships so not unicorn hunting or trying for hook ups. The best relationships are those I fall into, not those I seek out. Anyone else in NY willing to make friends? I know we're not known for our friendliness, but I've always been told I don't belong in the city. :)

DerekRandom 10-08-2009 05:12 PM

PA Poly

Hi I am new to this and I hope Western PA isnt to far for us to network in some way

nethergirl 10-27-2009 06:19 PM

Hi, I am from the NYC area as well and go to some of the poly events here. If you want to take at all feel free to private message me!

nikkiana 10-27-2009 11:35 PM

Hi! I'm in Brooklyn! :)

I haven't been to any of the poly events here, yet etiher.

glowinthedarkstars 11-30-2009 05:31 PM

Im in NJ, my bf , P, attends Poly \Hour a poly meetup once a month @ a bar in nyc. I however, have not gone yet as 1) I am bad at socializing in the best of circumstances and would be suuuper shy. I would probably end up just standing around while P the social butterfly does his thang 2) I am 100% new to poly and consider myself mono for the time being 3) I am not 21 untill september. Sad really =\ so P goes without me. but i hear its a lot of fun.

"Come and bring your wife, husband, girlfriends, boyfriends and theirs and meet like-minded people. If you consider yourself polyamorous or to be in an open relationship, or are considering this loving and progressive way of life, you are invited to come and get advice and support, have some drinks and laughs, and build our community. All are welcome. 7-11 PM. To be added to the mailing list, or if you have any questions, please contact polyhour@gmail.com. Second Monday of every month at China 1, 50 Avenue B at 4th St."

artist103 12-16-2009 04:19 AM

Hi XY

I am in NYC as well. I do go to some of the meetings and can let you know about what is happening in this area. You or anyone else plese feel free to Private message me .
John

communeist 12-17-2009 01:58 PM

I live in Staten Island.

glowinthedarkstars 12-26-2009 02:26 AM

anyone going to poly hour on the 11th? I want to...but am nervous and kinda not too good at being social...and fear well awkwardness.:rolleyes:

artist103 12-26-2009 02:31 AM

HI Glow

I dont know if I will be going on the 11th yet. ( I will be doing a post Holidays cleanse) but I should be there in Feb. If you do go I will make an extra effort to go. Just let me know.
John

glowinthedarkstars 12-26-2009 03:21 AM

hey that would be awesome! thanks =) ill let you know:D