Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   North America (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Canada (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576)

River 08-01-2009 03:53 PM

Canada

I'm an American, at the moment, but who knows....

I'd like to listen in to Canadians talking about polyamory. :D

foxflame88 08-01-2009 06:15 PM

Yeah, ya just never know if the future holds a move.

aussielover 08-01-2009 07:32 PM

ummmmm what do you want to listen to? hehe I'm Canadian, for the moment....

vandalin 08-01-2009 10:25 PM

I'm from the US. Currently living in Minneapolis...which is kinda close to Canada. ;) And I'm enjoying listening in on all the Canadians on here too.

ImaginaryIllusion 08-02-2009 03:03 PM

Well aparently our voices are 'dead sexy'! Apparently our newcasters get poached by American networks all the time for just that reason.

aussielover 08-02-2009 03:08 PM

lol We have SO many call centers here for American companies because of that same reason Illusion... The city I live in apparently has the most call centers of any in Canada, and many work with US companies..

I myself am partial to the Aussie accents ;)
but apparently they like mine lol... (I actually don't have an accent though)

vandalin 08-02-2009 03:42 PM

I like lots of accents, but I had a lot of fun when I dated a Canadian for a month or so. He was in town for some kind of work related job and we hooked up. I just loved the accent, I would tease him about it and have him say silly things like "The mouse was in the house but he went out and about"...I'm very lucky he had a sense of humor about his accent. ;)

But even American airports have a British like voice on the speakers announcing everything. I guess it's supposed to be a relaxing accent.

River 08-02-2009 08:27 PM

I asked to hear Canadians talk about polyamory because there is a slim chance my partner and I may relocate to Canada -- and, of course, we're both poly-.

aussielover 08-02-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRiverMartin (Post 3855)
I asked to hear Canadians talk about polyamory because there is a slim chance my partner and I may relocate to Canada -- and, of course, we're both poly-.

Well, I didn't even know it existed until I was already part of a poly relationship. I have no idea about the resources or anything around here. Toronto's a great city with a huge gay population (second biggest pride parade in the world I believe, and it's awesome).
And with legalized gay marriage... (I never thought I'd see the day that came back and bit me in the ass) a lot of people are coming up here.

Canada's really a lot more laid back than the US. I've lived in the US for about 5 years, Michigan and Denver Co, and I will NEVER live there again.

Sunshinegrl 08-02-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussielover (Post 3815)
lol We have SO many call centers here for American companies because of that same reason Illusion... The city I live in apparently has the most call centers of any in Canada, and many work with US companies..

I myself am partial to the Aussie accents ;)
but apparently they like mine lol... (I actually don't have an accent though)

Yeah I know I do.. its hot. And You DO Have an accent... I dont. :P