Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   North America (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Marriage-minded female seeks unicorn too (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5624)

g71 01-19-2011 09:49 PM

Marriage-minded female seeks unicorn too
 
Hi,

I am seeking a bit of a unicorn myself...

I am a single mom that has just turned 40. I have a daughter 14, sons 12, 10 1/2 and 9.

I have never legally married.

I was the second wife in a relationship for almost 10 years. The other wife was the legal one.

My experience in the poly community is that it consists mainly of couples who are already married.

I am seeking a situation where I can have a legal wedding, baby (in wedlock not out) before it's too late, benefits, etc.

So unicorn right?

Thanks for any feedback or advice. :confused:

G

NeonKaos 01-19-2011 10:43 PM

That's not what a unicorn is. It sounds what you're looking for is called a "husband".

Also, I don't get what you mean by "baby before it's too late". You have 3 children already.

g71 01-19-2011 11:36 PM

I meant to ever have a baby "in wedlock".

A husband in this lifestyle doesn't seem easy to obtain to me so hence my unicorn.

nycindie 01-20-2011 12:00 AM

You've already got four kids, which is a lot, but you want to marry someone and have another just so that he or she will be "legitimate?"

I hope I am misunderstanding you!

NeonKaos 01-20-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycindie (Post 61996)
You've already got four kids, which is a lot, but you want to marry someone and have another just so that he or she will be "legitimate?"

I hope I am misunderstanding you!

She only has 3 kids, which is still a lot.

g71 01-20-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycindie (Post 61996)
You've already got four kids, which is a lot, but you want to marry someone and have another just so that he or she will be "legitimate?"

I hope I am misunderstanding you!

You are as I'd like all the kids and I to be legitimate.

nycindie 01-20-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonKaos (Post 62005)
She only has 3 kids, which is still a lot.

I count one girl and three boys.
Quote:

Originally Posted by g71 (Post 61970)
I have a daughter 14, sons 12, 10 1/2 and 9.


Laylah 01-20-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g71 (Post 61970)
Hi,

I am seeking a bit of a unicorn myself...

I am a single mom that has just turned 40. I have a daughter 14, sons 12, 10 1/2 and 9.

I have never legally married.

I was the second wife in a relationship for almost 10 years. The other wife was the legal one.

My experience in the poly community is that it consists mainly of couples who are already married.

I am seeking a situation where I can have a legal wedding, baby (in wedlock not out) before it's too late, benefits, etc.

So unicorn right?

Thanks for any feedback or advice. :confused:

G

what does it matter if a child is born out of wedlock(not condoning teen sex though).... a peice of paper does not mean your married.... its whats in the hearts of the people that spend their lives together. Its between them and the Creator.
A baby born into this world is a wonderful thing.... and should not matter if he/she is born in or out of wedlock. Benefits... hmm not to be rude but it sounds as if your looking for a legal contract so to speak. Not for love.. but for the benefits of carrying the last name of the man your with.

I dont know if you know this or not..... but if you spend a certain amout of time with a person..... then your legally married by common law.. which in some states is just as good as going and getting a peice of paper. Look up common law marriage to see what im referring to. Again.. im not meaning to be rude... I just read your post and it sounded kind of strange. To have such desires as that... while wanting a poly relationship to. :confused:

Laylah 01-20-2011 10:24 AM

and MY goodness.... I got 3 kids to.. and they keep me hopping all the time lol. 2 boys and a girl. Never boreing for sure... another question is HOW would you have the energy to keep up with a baby to.... the whole thing is kind of confusing

NeonKaos 01-20-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycindie (Post 62066)
I count one girl and three boys.

DUH my math is not working. :o


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 AM.