Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Photogrraphy nuts? (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521)

Sunshinegrl 07-23-2009 10:18 PM

Photography nuts?

Im a photography nut. I not so recently got me a D-SLR ( Pentax K-200D). And Im still learning how to use it. But is anyone else here a keen Photographer? RedPepper's Avatar is awesome. Eyes are one of my fave things to try to capture. Im a sucker for eyes!

foxflame88 07-23-2009 10:44 PM

I am a hobby photographer.... nothing serious and no fancy camera, but I have fun.

Sunshinegrl 07-23-2009 10:50 PM

Thats all I am! A hobby photographer! Cant even begin to pretend Im anything but. It is however something I would love to make something more of...Maybe one day.

River 07-24-2009 12:22 AM

I have quite an appreciation for photography--both enjoying the images of others and making images myself--, but I've not yet gotten into digital, and haven't had a working camera in quite a while.

HOWEVER, my partner (I have only one partner at the moment) and I are planning to do some wilderness backpacking soon, and I want us to take the little inexpensive digital camera plunge before we go -- so look for some images of our trip down the road! I know I can post images in this forum!

aussielover 07-24-2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshinegrl (Post 3141)
Thats all I am! A hobby photographer! Cant even begin to pretend Im anything but. It is however something I would love to make something more of...Maybe one day.

You will do wonderfully WHEN you study this, I know it. Your pictures are already amazing. You have a wonderful knack of capturing light and essence of everything. Especially the kids... I love those pics. :D

I love taking pictures too... I'm not as good as my Sunshinegrl but i do love it. Some of my pictures I have to say are pretty cool though.

Sunshinegrl 07-24-2009 03:36 AM

I look forward to seeing Some Pics!

redpepper 07-24-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshinegrl (Post 3135)
RedPepper's Avatar is awesome. Eyes are one of my fave things to try to capture. Im a sucker for eyes!

why thank you sunshine! I do a lot of self portraits on my own as a kind of diary of times in my life. I got the idea from an old school feminist art exhibit where a woman in the 60's had taken a photo every day of the year and glued them on a calender. I have found it to be very interesting the changes that have occurred over a couple of years. I only take head shots, and the eye came from one.

If I wasn't so scared that someone might recognize me on here I would share more.... If you are not worried an album would be a pleasure to view.

Sunshinegrl 07-24-2009 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe Admin would be so kind to make This forum Or maybe another a little more private(not viewable to guests?) and I would be happy to share some Of My pics. :) I dont mind sharing Some of My non family Photos.

This is one of my sunsets...

redpepper 07-24-2009 10:50 PM

I couldn't access that photo :(

Private albums would be a great idea!!! :)

aussielover 07-24-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshinegrl (Post 3174)
Maybe Admin would be so kind to make This forum Or maybe another a little more private(not viewable to guests?) and I would be happy to share some Of My pics. :) I dont mind sharing Some of My non family Photos.

This is one of my sunsets...

*sigh* Home :)

Beautiful baby... I love your pics.

I wouldn't mind sharing my own pics (personal ones) IF it was a private forum, for people with a certain ammount of posts and over lets say.
I like that the board is open, it helps new people decide wether to join, but I think something like that needs to be private for those of us who are staying here. I know we haven't been here long, but I don't plan on going anywhere.