Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Thank you, admins! (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4975)

TruckerPete 01-11-2011 12:28 PM

Thank you, admins!

A big thank you to whomever cleaned the site up this morning!

You guys don't get enough credit. :)

(Feel free to delete this, since it's not poly.)

NeonKaos 01-11-2011 12:35 PM

You're welcome.:cool:

Magdlyn 01-11-2011 07:55 PM

Yeah what a ton of spam lately! Thanks, Neon.

Andy4700 01-12-2011 04:11 AM

Yeah... so much Cyrillic.. Generally I enjoy it... not so much here... haha

Thanks admins and mods!:)

NeonKaos 01-12-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4700 (Post 59901)
Yeah... so much Cyrillic.. Generally I enjoy it... not so much here... haha

Thanks admins and mods!:)

Ya, some of them are in Polish now, but it's not even the real Polish alphabet (I noticed in your profile that you have "the Polish language" as one of your interests. my family is from Poland).

Andy4700 01-12-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonKaos (Post 59955)
Ya, some of them are in Polish now, but it's not even the real Polish alphabet (I noticed in your profile that you have "the Polish language" as one of your interests. my family is from Poland).

I haven't seen any of the Polish spam yet...

But yeah, I am interested in Polish and Slavic language. I am not at all Polish, but met a girl who introduced me to, and then got me hooked on the language.

Do you speak and Polish Neon? Or have any family that is fluent?

NeonKaos 01-12-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4700 (Post 59962)
I haven't seen any of the Polish spam yet...

But yeah, I am interested in Polish and Slavic language. I am not at all Polish, but met a girl who introduced me to, and then got me hooked on the language.

Do you speak and Polish Neon? Or have any family that is fluent?

You haven't seen the Polish spam because I deleted it. Even if it is Polish, it is still spam, and we don't want it.

I understand some polish, but I don't read or write it very well (obviously I can recognize it when I see it), and I speak some words to my elderly grandfather who is in a nursing home, but mostly I just nod and repeat back the last few words he says to me that I am able to understand. The nursing home staff thinks that I speak "perfect Polish", LOL! My parents were/are fluent, but my mother is dead and I don't really have any contact with my father. I've been wanting to take a class at the Cambridge Adult Education Center, but it starts at 7:30 at night and it conflicts with my sleep and roller derby schedule(s).

Andy4700 01-12-2011 07:01 PM

I'd love to take Polish lessons.... its a difficult language to self teach. :/ Sadly the closest place that offers them is 2 hours away. :(

Thats awesome you are of Polish decent though, Neon! This is about the last place I expected to meet someone who could appreciate the crazy, yet beautiful language!

NeonKaos 01-12-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4700 (Post 60016)
This is about the last place I expected to meet someone who could appreciate the crazy, yet beautiful language!

It's very onomatopoeic, isn't it?

Andy4700 01-12-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonKaos (Post 60019)
onomatopoeic

My new English word of the day! haha

The cases and declensions really grab me. I have not been able to understand them very well yet, but its interesting how the ending of words shift and morph so much.

And as for pronouncing Polish words... a fair few make my poor tongue want to cry... others sound like guttural sounds, like trzy and cztery, and I connot figure out how to say them.

I'd love to meet a Pole that was willing to coach my pronunciation and laugh at me/with me. lol