Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poly Relationships Corner (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Breaking (up) News (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48953)

BoringGuy 06-20-2013 12:11 AM

Breaking (up) News

I just found out my Spouse's other partner broke up with them so they could find someone "with more availability" (translation: not married). At least they are still on good terms with each other and they didn't break up because of something I did or didn't do. I am probably more disappointed than Spouse is; Spouse was expecting this since the very beginning. I told Spouse they can always get back together at some future point if they both want, LOL.

So I guess this forum is of no use to me again, right? :eek: In that respect, this break-up was timed pretty well. I have a busy summer ahead.
Some of you know what the story behind my user name is - and with that in mind - teh Boring Guy is Boring once more.

But at least his dick is still huge.

MeeraReed 06-20-2013 02:19 AM

I'm sorry to hear this, but what does it have to do with you not needing the forum anymore? Might not your spouse get another partner someday? Won't you still have another partner that you see a few times a year?

kdt26417 06-20-2013 03:10 AM

Even if there's nothing directly we can do to help, we can send our condolences and all that. Break-ups always suck. :(

nycindie 06-20-2013 05:04 AM

Well, good thing their breaking up didn't affect your dick size.

BoringGuy 06-20-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeeraReed (Post 210740)
I'm sorry to hear this, but what does it have to do with you not needing the forum anymore? Might not your spouse get another partner someday? Won't you still have another partner that you see a few times a year?

I have been reading this site in order to identify behaviours I would prefer to avoid, and also to get a feel for what it's like for the "extra" partner(s) of a married person who doesn't really know what they're getting into.

In between reading those, I do other things, screw around, etc. on here.

Yes I do have another relationship, but we've been doing it forever it sustains itself with minimum maintenance; I really don't need the kind of services a forum like this provides for that relationship. Also, the Spouse might get back together someday or something someone else. i just have no use for that reason right now.

london 06-20-2013 06:26 AM

Why are you disappointed if they were incompatible? I always feel a sense of relief when people realise they are incompatible before things get ugly.

nancyfore 06-20-2013 06:45 AM

Ah Darn...

There go the cups and the t-shirts.. :)

Natja 06-20-2013 09:58 AM

Does that mean you won't come on anymore? :(

wildflowers 06-20-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoringGuy (Post 210779)
I have been reading this site in order to identify behaviours I would prefer to avoid, and also to get a feel for what it's like for the "extra" partner(s) of a married person who doesn't really know what they're getting into.

Ah, thanks for explaining this (if true, which might not be a good assumption). I'd wondered what your motivation was for reading here.

dingedheart 06-20-2013 12:30 PM

And the hawks tied it up last night .....when it rains it pours