Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Greetings! (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4585)

Olderwoman 01-01-2011 08:26 AM

Greetings!
 
Once, many years ago, I fell into a deep sleep and dreamed of a world where people really did form loving polyamory relationships. I guess I visited that world. They dressed in togas and lived in Roman-looking buildings. The weather was perfect all the time.

I was met by my lover who looked like a God or Michelangelo's statue of David. He had blond hair. There was some sort of celebration going on to honor me for some reason. (I was a dark haired beauty.) There was a long table loaded with food, mostly fruits and veggies. There were large pillows everywhere, or were they bean bag chairs?

Anyway, my love brought me a gift. It was a beautiful dark haired man. I had never really met him, but it was love at first site! We didn't just have sex. We made love. It was real love. It seemed that everyone had a great deal of love for each other in that place. Some had very special long term relationships.

When I woke up I found myself in a very different kind of world. Too bad. I liked that one a lot. It seemed so real. Maybe it exists somewhere...

I'm not in any relationship but I know what real polyamory is ~ even though I have only experienced it in a dream.

About me:
I have found that being single does not stifle my spirit like marriage does. I was married twice and both times it smothered my inner joy and peace.

I seek the fountain of middle age. LOL I seek friends of like mind.

GroundedSpirit 01-01-2011 02:07 PM

Welcome
 
Welcome !
Hope you jump right in and enjoy your time here.
Your attitude (from the intro) is beautiful. Don't lose it !

GS

Magdlyn 01-02-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olderwoman (Post 57618)
Once, many years ago, I fell into a deep sleep and dreamed of a world where people really did form loving polyamory relationships. I guess I visited that world. They dressed in togas and lived in Roman-looking buildings. The weather was perfect all the time.

I was met by my lover who looked like a God or Michelangelo's statue of David. He had blond hair. There was some sort of celebration going on to honor me for some reason. (I was a dark haired beauty.) There was a long table loaded with food, mostly fruits and veggies. There were large pillows everywhere, or were they bean bag chairs?

Anyway, my love brought me a gift. It was a beautiful dark haired man. I had never really met him, but it was love at first site! We didn't just have sex. We made love. It was real love. It seemed that everyone had a great deal of love for each other in that place. Some had very special long term relationships.

When I woke up I found myself in a very different kind of world. Too bad. I liked that one a lot. It seemed so real. Maybe it exists somewhere...

I'm not in any relationship but I know what real polyamory is ~ even though I have only experienced it in a dream.

Lovely sexy dream! However, being poly is not just about making love. Wish it was sometimes. But it's also about work, compersion for your partner's other lovers, and hurt feelings, and doing the dishes, and taking care of kids and pets, and and and...

Quote:


About me:
I have found that being single does not stifle my spirit like marriage does. I was married twice and both times it smothered my inner joy and peace.
I am also glad to be out of my stifling 30 year marriage to a straight vanilla guy. There was a lot of good there, but we grew apart. Now I am with a partner who's always been poly and kinky, we're both queer, and I am so much happier!

Quote:


I seek the fountain of middle age. LOL I seek friends of like mind.
I'm 55. Got separated from the ex over 2 years ago. Be happy to exchange notes on living poly.

Olderwoman 01-02-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magdlyn (Post 57819)
Lovely sexy dream! However, being poly is not just about making love. Wish it was sometimes. But it's also about work, compersion for your partner's other lovers, and hurt feelings, and doing the dishes, and taking care of kids and pets, and and and...

Yes I'm sure it is. In this world I'm sure it is quite a challenge The dream was just the vacation I needed at the time though. It was like another world, perfect in every way. The world we live in here is not so perfect. I think of it as a lot more challenging.

Thank you for your response to my post here.

Quote:

I am also glad to be out of my stifling 30 year marriage to a straight vanilla guy. There was a lot of good there, but we grew apart. Now I am with a partner who's always been poly and kinky, we're both queer, and I am so much happier!

I'm 55. Got separated from the ex over 2 years ago. Be happy to exchange notes on living poly.
I am 61, living single for the past 12 years, not dating. I live in a very small town... remote from the hussel of the city. I am an artist.

Magdlyn 01-02-2011 06:38 PM

Oh! So you havent been with a lover at all in 12 years? Trying to get back into relationships after a long break? It's interesting your beautiful dream has inspired you to reach out to romantic possibilities.

Olderwoman 01-02-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magdlyn (Post 57872)
Oh! So you havent been with a lover at all in 12 years? Trying to get back into relationships after a long break? It's interesting your beautiful dream has inspired you to reach out to romantic possibilities.

I have found wholeness and peace of mind through friends, spirituality and my art. I have not often found myself attracted to anyone within reach physically. When, on a rare occasion, I do feel an attraction to a man in person whom I've just met, he is usually married and unavailable. (rats!) LOL

Most of my intellectual friends are in my computer.. LOL!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 AM.