Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poly Discussions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   why "poly women" are bisexual ??? (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3528)

fleurisseur 08-21-2010 06:10 PM

why "poly women" are bisexual ???
 
hellooooooooo friends

it is interesting to notice that almost all women here, real "polys" or "thinking about it" are bisexual.

(I am going to say it shortly, I could write a book, poetry, on this matter...)

In my opinion this relies on a "female universal psychology" :
the woman is much more able to adapt herself to "changes".

Since millions of years she leaves her house, parents, friends, her personal family name, and even her city. This is a strong push to "change/adaptation".

And this "ability to change" relies on what ?
on "generosity"...

on a much complex "emotion/feeling" system than the male one.

This is essentially why I became a teacher :
apart the (normal) pure teacher's pleasure of "building the progresses of the other one",
I discovered that "the woman is a violin",
and I see my role as "playing the most wonderful symphonies she may sing"...

Additionally I discovered that a woman “loves better” the man that has this skill…

So, back to the point, the woman may easier be BISEXUAL, because she may adapt herself faster/better than a man...

Furthermore (no insult, no offense, it is just something I noticed), bisexual women are "more clever" and "more generous", and have a faster brain.

I could continue for hours on this interesting subject.

Tell me your thoughts, please

If it is NOT interesting, say it.
Thanks

freeantigone 08-21-2010 07:08 PM

I'd say women have had to be adaptable as in a patriarchal, Western capitalist societies we haven't had a choice! Leaving the family was not often a choice (we were sold off as property in marriage by our fathers) we lost our family names due to this, being housewives/working for the war effort/going back to being housewives was so rarely a choice. We've had to be adaptable because there is often no other option, we simply did not have a say.

As for bisexuality, I feel that it is socially more acceptable for women to be bisexual. A lot of men are terrified (due to social constructs) of being seen as 'gay' or a 'pansy man' - which is why a lot of guys can't even consider anal sex with their female partner for fear of it making them 'gay'. Women have less far to jump to consider being bisexual, and to an extent less to 'lose' in terms of face. Not to mention the lesbianism=sexy construct (which completely devalues women's sexuality) which means women will kiss friends for the benefit of the men watching :rolleyes:

Passionista 08-21-2010 07:38 PM

In the poly circles I've ever moved in, most women are NOT bisexual. I am only one of 2 that I know are fully bisexual, have had or have relationships with both men and women.

I do know that many women in poly or swinging or experimenting relationships try many things they normally wouldn't at the urging of their S/O, some even under duress and with many regrets.

NeonKaos 08-21-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passionista (Post 41103)

I do know that many women in poly or swinging or experimenting relationships try many things they normally wouldn't at the urging of their S/O, some even under duress and with many regrets.

Be careful, you're "stereotyping" women who are poly, swingers, or in experimental relationships. People searching in Google might think this forum is marginalizing and oppressive and stuff, and leave. :rolleyes:

phoenix762 08-21-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeantigone (Post 41101)
I'd say women have had to be adaptable as in a patriarchal, Western capitalist societies we haven't had a choice! Leaving the family was not often a choice (we were sold off as property in marriage by our fathers) we lost our family names due to this, being housewives/working for the war effort/going back to being housewives was so rarely a choice. We've had to be adaptable because there is often no other option, we simply did not have a say.

As for bisexuality, I feel that it is socially more acceptable for women to be bisexual. A lot of men are terrified (due to social constructs) of being seen as 'gay' or a 'pansy man' - which is why a lot of guys can't even consider anal sex with their female partner for fear of it making them 'gay'. Women have less far to jump to consider being bisexual, and to an extent less to 'lose' in terms of face. Not to mention the lesbianism=sexy construct (which completely devalues women's sexuality) which means women will kiss friends for the benefit of the men watching :rolleyes:

Really? Mind, I can count on one hand the sexual partners I've been with (yeah, I'm as vanilla as they come) but...seems they want to try anal sex at least once. Guess perhaps I wound up with men that were more secure in their sexuality? or more into "experimenting"? DK.
Oh, well.

Passionista 08-21-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonKaos (Post 41104)
Be careful, you're "stereotyping" women who are poly, swingers, or in experimental relationships. People searching in Google might think this forum is marginalizing and oppressive and stuff, and leave. :rolleyes:

Nope, I'm not stereotyping anyone. I'm speaking of specific people (who shall not be named, naturally ;) ) that I have known personally in 20 years of being involved in said communities. Is this the kind of forum where I can't speak freely and need all sorts of qualifiers?

I am new here, but trust me, I am all about NOT marginalizing or oppressing ANYONE.

fleurisseur 08-21-2010 09:34 PM

I prefer a BISEXUAL woman, why ?
 
Heloooooooooooooo

this always astonished me...
I said "above", that I noticed that a BISEXUAL woman is "more sensitive/clever/faster".

Well it may be a "perspective error", I am PERHAPS more sensitive to those kind of women.... some of the women I have LOVED are bisexual...

I noticed also that this behavior "facilitates" a "polyfamily".

ok, ok... if you are NOT bisexual, you may still be a perfect candidate for "my family"... ;)
.. the most important remains : know to "deep love", this is the number one request.

Anyhow, we are all different like a fork and a knife... (try to eat rice or noodles with a fork, and to cut meet with a fork... :eek:)

but this huge difference enables that "together" we may better eat
... the dish of LIFE

janeb1958 08-21-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passionista (Post 41115)
Nope, I'm not stereotyping anyone. I'm speaking of specific people (who shall not be named, naturally ;) ) that I have known personally in 20 years of being involved in said communities. Is this the kind of forum where I can't speak freely and need all sorts of qualifiers?

I am new here, but trust me, I am all about NOT marginalizing or oppressing ANYONE.

I didn't take what she said as stereotyping at all -- just her opinion with true people she's met...total facts.
As for me -- I'm seeing bisexual women seem to have more fun in life! I've had my first experiences within the last year & they were more intense, in some respects. It has enhanced some fun with SO, too! Everyone being happy is a good thing, right?!!! ;)

fleurisseur 08-21-2010 11:50 PM

bisexual women are "better" ? please become bisexual !!!
 
Well, if I love you (it is YOUR ROLE to install in my heart a deep love for you ... :p)
.. in this case I would like to offer you "the best of life" ...

And as you know (look your past years...) life is short...

So, please my darling, don't be afraid to become bisexual, I will help you.

janeb1958 08-21-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleurisseur (Post 41130)
Well, if I love you (it is YOUR ROLE to install in my heart a deep love for you ... :p)
.. in this case I would like to offer you "the best of life" ...

And as you know (look your past years...) life is short...

So, please my darling, don't be afraid to become bisexual, I will help you.

I don't get this -- sorry -- what I do is MY choice -- I'm choosing to explore. He's just receiving some extra benefits!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.