Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poly Relationships Corner (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   meeting his wife (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3436)

Brunetteangel03 08-11-2010 07:36 PM

meeting his wife

Ok so a little about my situation. I met a wonderful man at the local gay bar (I am bi, he's straight) and we hit it off right away. Him and his wife are in the military. He just got back from Iraq 3 months ago and she will be returning on SATURDAY! Her and I chat everyday via messenger and talk on the phone on the weekends. We get along great thus far. Last night I didn't realize how many emotions I have for her returning home. Him and I started talking yesterday and I just broke down in tears. I am so overwhelmed with emotion, I am terrified, because what if she doesn't like me, I am excited to finally meet her and I am very anxious about getting to know her. How do I get rid of or calm these nerves down so that I am not a ball of emotion when I do finally meet her in a few short days?!

NeonKaos 08-11-2010 07:58 PM

I don't know how to get rid of your butterflies, but I have a question. What was he doing in a "gay bar" if he's "straight"?

MonoVCPHG 08-11-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YGirl (Post 39481)
What was he doing in a "gay bar" if he's "straight"?

I go to the gay bar with Redpepper and our friends to dance. I love the lack of macho bullshit that a lot of other "straight" bars have. The guys at work just raise thier eyebrows when I tell them this. Frankly, getting hit on by anyone regardless of gender can feel nice...not that that ever happens to me.
They all know I'm with Redpepper now so I'm not very popular LOL!

NeonKaos 08-11-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 39489)
I go to the gay bar with Redpepper and our friends to dance. I love the lack of macho bullshit that a lot of other "straight" bars have. The guys at work just raise thier eyebrows when I tell them this. Frankly, getting hit on by anyone regardless of gender can feel nice...not that that ever happens to me.
They all know I'm with Redpepper now so I'm not very popular LOL!

Yes, but I want to know why THAT guy (in the OP) was in one. I'm just curious, that's all.

MonoVCPHG 08-11-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YGirl (Post 39490)
Yes, but I want to know why THAT guy (in the OP) was in one. I'm just curious, that's all.

Gotcha..yeah, what was he doing there?

Brunetteangel03 08-11-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 39495)
Gotcha..yeah, what was he doing there?

LOL! Actually Mono is right. He goes there for the environment. It is really laid back there and him and his wife go there all the time when she is in town. She is bi as well.

redpepper 08-12-2010 04:32 AM

there is nothing to do but wait really. You will see how it pans out. Enjoy the clam before the storm (good or bad).

AutumnalTone 08-12-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpepper (Post 39555)
Enjoy the clam before the storm (good or bad).

Yeah, a nice chowder goes a long way to helping relax. Have a stiff drink with it and you're set. :eek:

Magdlyn 08-12-2010 02:16 PM

I just met the wife of a potential lover of mine yesterday! I felt like I was going on an audition. I was pretty nervous. I think one has to feel that emotion, but go in determined to keep an open mind, be oneself, and just have nice conversations about general subjects, as you would when getting to know anyone.

Brunetteangel03 08-12-2010 04:53 PM

Thank you all so much for the support! I am getting very nervous/excited/anxious. My stomach is in knots today. She will be here sooner than I expected! Friday, EARLY, EARLY in the AM! I don't think I will be able to eat today, my stomach is def full of butterflies! I think I just need to finally get this meeting done. I know we will get along, she is so fun and we have a lot in common, but meeting ppl is not my forte!!!!:eek: