Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poly Discussions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Facebook: new "open relationship" status? (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3342)

SchrodingersCat 07-30-2010 02:16 AM

Facebook: new "open relationship" status?

Has this been around for a while and I just didn't notice?

I just saw a friend's profile that said "In an open relationship with _____."

It's about bloody time!!!

but GAH! You can only be in one at a time! What the heck is the point of allowing open relationships, if you can only be in one??!?

Just for shits'n'giggles, I tried to be in an open relationship with my alter-ego facebook account (which existed only for playing those stupid games) and it said "Mercedes is already in a relationship"

yeesh.

HappiestManAlive 07-30-2010 02:47 AM

Relatioships + helps, but it's an ap, not the actual FB account, and it doesn't work very well in my experience - the 4 of us have been trying to get set up on it and it keeps messing up, lol.

dragonflysky 07-30-2010 04:29 AM

On Facebook, the female part of my couple has "It's complicated" for her "Relationship Status." He has "In an open relationship". I'm "Single".

SourGirl 07-30-2010 06:24 AM

I think it`s been around for awhile. My ex bf had that as his status last year.

redpepper 07-30-2010 07:21 AM

I have a poly app that makes it so I can have more than one partner and say I'm poly. I just don't use it cause of relatives and I figure those that know, know.

I think I just have it blanked out with nothing.

Ariakas 07-30-2010 02:14 PM

I noticed it a while ago, not sure how long. And oddly, as open as i am in life, I am not sure I would advertise on such a vanilla site...hmmmmm

DazednConfused 07-30-2010 03:08 PM

I noticed it a few weeks back. Oddly looking forward to the day when the Mrs comes out and changes her profile.

NeonKaos 07-30-2010 03:18 PM

It's been like that for as long as I can remember but I don't like how it only lets you put one person in "It's Complicated" and "Open Relationship". I have mine set to "Married to..." because I am indeed married to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpepper (Post 38024)
I have a poly app that makes it so I can have more than one partner and say I'm poly. I just don't use it cause of relatives and I figure those that know, know.

I think I just have it blanked out with nothing.

Oh, is that how you get it to say "Looking for: whatever I can get"? I thought that was a Canadian thing!

Shades 07-30-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YGirl (Post 38048)
It's been like that for as long as I can remember but I don't like how it only lets you put one person in "It's Complicated" and "Open Relationship".

Yet another reason why I don't like disclosing my relationship status on Facebook.

Honestheart 07-31-2010 05:30 AM

OMG thank you for posting this! i never even realized it was there... i just went onto facebook to check, and there it was. ABOUT TIME! i know i know, the term "open" relationship can have negative connotations to some people but i'd love to be able to post on facebook i was in an open relationship and then explain to people about poly than just say "in a relationship with" it is also uch better then saying "its complicated" :-) hoooray!
about time :-)
facebook just went up a few notches on my scales ;-)