Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is masturbation sex? (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3139)

Magdlyn 07-05-2010 01:43 PM

Is masturbation sex?
 
I've been taking an informal poll of this irl and would like your thoughts. Please post why you voted yes or no.

Thanks!

clairegoad 07-05-2010 03:45 PM

To quote one of my favorite attorneys....
 
I could easily argue for either position..

Yes, it is sex... physically, touching & pleasuring one's self. Without it, life is less pleasant.

No, it isn't sex.. without a partner, I lose the feedback and challenges and differences, and excitement. There's no communication, no relationship, no interaction.

I've heard discussions in Conservative Christian Women's groups about whether masturbation is cheating. (I'll assume that discussion won't happen here.;))

I remember a "shocking" women's magazine article that "revealed" that married men pleasured themselves. (Redbook? Ladies Home Journal?)

Ariakas 07-05-2010 05:21 PM

no...not for me...its relief...like peeing.

Putting my finger in my mouth isn't giving myself oral...

It probably can be...but it isn't for me. Sex includes another body in my world :D

foxflame88 07-05-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariakas (Post 34671)
no...not for me...its relief...like peeing.

Putting my finger in my mouth isn't giving myself oral...

It probably can be...but it isn't for me. Sex includes another body in my world :D

I couldn't say it any better than that.

vandalin 07-05-2010 08:23 PM

Sexually stimulating oneself in my book is still sex, whether it is done for the pleasure or just for the release. The basic end result is still the same, orgasm.

Ariakas 07-05-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandalin (Post 34700)
Sexually stimulating oneself in my book is still sex, whether it is done for the pleasure or just for the release. The basic end result is still the same, orgasm.

Does cumming relate to orgasm to you everytime?...(honest question, not being sarcastic)

immaterial 07-05-2010 08:46 PM

I answered magical brownies. The reason: I am waking up to a reality for myself where everything is sex. Everything. This is an insight that is deeply spiritual for me and may or may not last. It does not seem a particularly manageable way to live my life. haha.

Immaterial

Magdlyn 07-06-2010 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immaterial (Post 34702)
I answered magical brownies. The reason: I am waking up to a reality for myself where everything is sex. Everything. This is an insight that is deeply spiritual for me and may or may not last. It does not seem a particularly manageable way to live my life. haha.

Immaterial


Heh.

I look forward to many more opinions/votes. I won't share the results of my irl poll yet, or my own opinion, as I don't want to influence anyone.

vandalin 07-06-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariakas (Post 34701)
Does cumming relate to orgasm to you everytime?...(honest question, not being sarcastic)

Maybe it's my Vanillaness or a definition thing, but I was under the impression that cumming and orgasm were the same, just different names. Do please share your thoughts on the subject. I'm always interested in learning new things and broadening my horizons. (honest request, no sarcasm either) ;)

solarwindsfly 07-06-2010 05:10 AM

I voted no because of my own personal experiences. I am not meaning to get deep or creepy here. I was abused as a kid and so if masterbation is sex then I had sex since I was around two or three. So I voted no because thats just wrong. I would never say that I had sex that early willingly. As for now... sex on first thought doesnt go into my thoughts as done alone. Although when you say masterbation it seems to me most people go to being alone. This is just my own thoughts about what i've learned from others and myself :) So sex needs intimacy with another person in my book :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 PM.