Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I Just Met You, and I Love You! (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3086)

VaudvilleIsDead 06-29-2010 04:27 AM

I Just Met You, and I Love You!

I really enjoyed the movie Up, hahaha.
Okay, so my name is Shaylee. I'm eighteen, I'll be in school in the fall, and I'm bisexual. I'm planning on getting a degree in early childhood education and I think I'll write on the side. I'm not religious and I smoke. It seems that my lack of guilt about both of these is a bit of a problem around here. I've only been in one polyamorous relationship and while I found that I really enjoyed it, it didn't really work out. So I'm single now, which is only awesome some of the time... I guess I joined this site because I want to know how to sustain a real poly relationship. I live in this smallish town in Texas and most here don't seem to know what polyamory is.
I am so bad at this and will add details because this introduction is sad.

AutumnalTone 06-29-2010 04:28 AM

Welcome aboard.

Acroxander 06-30-2010 02:42 PM

Hi!

Welcome aboard. I hope our input or feedback is helpful for you, even though I believe we're all learning, ourselves.

So, I don't get it, what's sad about this introduction?

foxflame88 06-30-2010 04:41 PM

Welcome to the group. Nothing like being at the end of the bible belt, huh? I'm on the other end of it. It isn't always easy, but worth it! I hope you learn something here and find those you are meant to find.

immaterial 06-30-2010 11:28 PM

welcome! I teach high school and have spoken with several students who identify as poly, both male and female. I am amazed at the new perspectives on relationship that many of my high school students have that have taken me a lifetime to wake up to. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Immaterial

Ariakas 06-30-2010 11:48 PM

Welcome to the forum :)

RGee91 07-02-2010 01:56 AM

Welcome!

First I gotta say, That is my favorite line from the movie ^_^

But anywho, WELCOME!!! I'm new as well, it's nice to see other youngins here (I'm 19 :) ) I'm trying to understand this life too (as we all are) hopefully we can help eachother :)

eternalsoul 07-02-2010 08:44 AM

Hi there!

I'm Soul. You know what I find very interesting about your post?

I also live in the lovely part of America known as the Bible Belt. One of the poorer Southern states actually. I am also bisexual--and actually eighteen. Well, for another month now.

Only, I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about three years now--best friends for about seven since the day we met. I've got about another month of school before I graduate from my trade school and will be making the real money, lol.

Oh, and my girlfriend and I have been working on a novel of sorts since we first met one another so... that's pretty neat that you also mentioned writing.

: )

-Soul