Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Paintings (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26557)

rembrandt88 08-14-2012 12:45 PM

Paintings
 
I thought I would share some of my paintings :] The paintings below were all created from life my senior year of college. Currently, I am working on a new series that will have more story and emotional depth.

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles...559bb42f5c.jpg

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles...779dba5f8d.jpg

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles...7284a55091.jpg

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles...5a8dfd2266.jpg

Castalia 08-14-2012 05:48 PM

You are very talented. All of the paintings are lovely, although the top one is my favorite. It looks like a wonderful place to spend time.

rembrandt88 08-14-2012 06:07 PM

Thank you Castalia, that painting was from my visit to Maryland. It's definitely one of my favorites too!

opalescent 08-15-2012 03:04 AM

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Setxfamily 08-15-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castalia (Post 148166)
You are very talented. All of the paintings are lovely, although the top one is my favorite. It looks like a wonderful place to spend time.

I agree I really like the top one as well as my first choice. Something about the sound of running water over rocks that is so soothing and relaxing.

Thanks for sharing.

KyleKat 08-15-2012 10:17 PM

I wanted to be a jerk and post a picture of the autistic guy that drew all of Manhattan after a 20 minute helicopter ride, in perfect detail, but I'm on my phone and also that would be incredibly insensitive. Your artwork is pretty outstanding. Good job.

Personally I like the girl reading the book.

rembrandt88 08-16-2012 01:55 AM

Thanks everyone!

@Kyle
Lol, I have seen the video. It's pretty cool, but I would like to see that guy draw a human figure. Perspective and buildings are easier than people I think. Also, detail doesn't interest me much :P

KyleKat 08-16-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rembrandt88 (Post 148424)
Thanks everyone!

@Kyle
Lol, I have seen the video. It's pretty cool, but I would like to see that guy draw a human figure. Perspective and buildings are easier than people I think. Also, detail doesn't interest me much :P

I hear ya. I'm an impressionist myself. Not at your level, but I used some watercolor in art class in high school to make an amazing castle and open field painting. Water colors are my favorite medium. They mix and match easily.

rembrandt88 08-16-2012 10:59 AM

@kyle
Thanks I really like Impressionism too, most of my favorite painters were heavily influenced by the movement but not apart of it themselves. (John singer Sargent, sorolla, Repin).

KyleKat 08-16-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rembrandt88 (Post 148468)
@kyle
Thanks I really like Impressionism too, most of my favorite painters were heavily influenced by the movement but not apart of it themselves. (John singer Sargent, sorolla, Repin).

I'm just a big fan of the brush strokes and lack of ordered lines and blah blah that the style provides. I want to do my own thing, not adhere to some set of rules. :D

Hey... why I am I here again?


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 AM.