Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poly Relationships Corner (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   just a question Triad vs V (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2631)

otter 04-25-2010 12:09 AM

just a question Triad vs V

From what I am reading a V is 3 people who have 1 person at the base. A Triad is 3 people who are sexualy active together.
Now what about a group of 3 MFM who have sex at once but the MM not with each other?
I can see it being a V with the two guys only wanting to be with the female, but as they are a close group (guys best friends) who will all join at once it could be a Triad.
There is no really need to label this. Jusy something I am thinking about.

Ariakas 04-25-2010 12:17 AM

ok fourth times a try...damn firefox..

just a label, but its a triad in my books. While they aren't having sex, they are being sexual...my thing with a V is it is two distinct sexual relationships...

but in the end, its just a label and there are a millions ways to configure a poly life :)...

otter 04-25-2010 01:14 AM

I know its just a label.. but it gave me something to think about instead of trying to figure out how to talk to Wolf. :p

Ariakas 04-25-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otter (Post 27495)
I know its just a label.. but it gave me something to think about instead of trying to figure out how to talk to Wolf. :p

/points finger and yells Avoider :)

Sorry...IRC days kick in every once in a while...I miss being able to use descriptive actions in that manner hahaha

otter 04-25-2010 01:38 AM

*hangs head in shame but jumping at the chance to still not think about the other problem*

Hehe I still do stuff like that all the time. It helps paint a better picture for those who are reading :D

AutumnalTone 04-25-2010 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otter (Post 27486)
From what I am reading a V is 3 people who have 1 person at the base. A Triad is 3 people who are sexualy active together.

Forget about the sex. Look at the relationships. A vee has one person who is involved romantically with two people who are not involved with each other romantically. A triad has three people, each of whom is involved romantically with the other two.

Having a threesome is no indicator as to the relationships. If the two Ms are not romantically involved with each other, there's no triad structure, just a vee that indulges in sexual threesomes.

MonoVCPHG 04-25-2010 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutumnalTone (Post 27500)

Having a threesome is no indicator as to the relationships. If the two Ms are not romantically involved with each other, there's no triad structure, just a vee that indulges in sexual threesomes.

I'm with AutumnalTone on this one. Redpepper, Polynerdist and I have threesomes but it is focussed on her. While we Polynerdist and I have a close relationship, we are not "intimate".
We consider ourselves a "V".

Morningglory629 04-25-2010 04:45 AM

Did/does the significant other in your V ever get annoyed or upset that you are not romantically/sexually interested in the other person, or does your SO appreciate the gift? Very curious because although I am not bisexual I do and have been part of a threesome to please my lover. He asked, I found it exciting to be part of and I happily participated. However unless it is to arouse him, I wouldn't choose a sexual relationship with a woman. This disappoints him. Is that a common reaction in V relationships?:confused:

MonoVCPHG 04-25-2010 04:49 AM

For me personally I don't think Redpepper would mind if during a threesome something happened between me and Nerdist but it is not something that we are missing... I think she's ok with being the focus of attention when we're all naked ;)

Morningglory629 04-25-2010 04:50 AM

Niiiice!;) LOL!