Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Name (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25962)

cowgirlontherocks 07-26-2012 03:25 AM

The Name

Hey everyone,
I just had a very nice individual give me some information about my user name and I feel the need to clairify it. Appearently a "cowgirl" is construde as someone not very popular among polys.
I need to clarify that I am a "Cowgirl" In the literal sence. I run a small ranch, I ride horses and break them as well, I have chickens and fix barbwire fence, thats the "cowgirl" im talking about so please dont take anything else from the name.
Live, Love, Laugh.
Cowgirl

km34 07-26-2012 03:30 AM

I would think most people would understand that usernames are often chosen before a person has much insider knowledge to the lingo and workings of poly.com, HOWEVER if you want to make extra sure, you can make a signature that shows up at the bottom of your posts that includes some sort of cowgirl-oriented quote or disclaimer. :)

Either way, welcome, and I hope you're able to find what you are looking for here.

newtoday 07-26-2012 03:35 AM

Haha! I never actually thought that. Until I saw that you are in Colorado, I saw you name and wondered if you were from Alberta, Canada.

So yes, km34 is right, edit your signature to clarify that, just in case.

Welcome!

kdt26417 07-26-2012 07:47 PM

Hi CG on the Rocks,

I don't think you should worry too much about your name; people will get used to it and come to take it in context. You can always put a siggy line in your posts if you feel that's needed.

Actually, I find it kind of fun to have a "real cowgirl" on our threads and boards. I hope you will come to feel at home here!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

cowgirlontherocks 07-26-2012 11:36 PM

Thanks everyone. I will put a signature on it just to help eleveate some potential stress from others.
I hope to make tons of new friends here. As well as learn and grow.
CG

CielDuMatin 07-27-2012 11:27 PM

Yeah, I definitely think that you can use it to your advantage as a humourous element!

Maybe we should have a mini-competition about the best funny tag line that she could use.

(and since i haven't said it yet - welcome!)

cowgirlontherocks 07-27-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CielDuMatin (Post 145654)
Yeah, I definitely think that you can use it to your advantage as a humourous element!

Maybe we should have a mini-competition about the best funny tag line that she could use.

(and since i haven't said it yet - welcome!)

LoL...Ciel. I made a tag line but that would be fun to see what people come up with. Thank you all.

JaneQSmythe 07-28-2012 03:39 PM

How about? -

"Nope, not THAT kind of 'cowgirl' - I lasso horses not men (...unless they are into that sorta thing :p)."

cowgirlontherocks 08-01-2012 03:16 AM

Thats a good one too.

nycindie 08-01-2012 12:24 PM

Sourgirl, a member here, also works with horses and considers herself a real-life cowgirl, if I am not mistaken. I know she dislikes how the term is used in poly.

But I think you could ask a Moderator to change your username for you, if you have another one in mind.