Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poly Relationships Corner (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hey, openminded bi girls.... (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24424)

herxonlyxhope 06-06-2012 02:27 AM

Hey, openminded bi girls....

Basically I made this group for bisexual women who are looking for a more alternative lifestyle than just one sex. I kno...w I'm not the only one out there, lol. Bisexual women who want a man and a woman in one relationship that share all things, physical and general day to day life.

Personally, I have a boyfriend and I have this problem so we are looking for a single girl interested in the same thing.

So to summarize, this group is for bi women and couples looking for a different sort of relationship.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/lucky...three/members/

Join if you're interested! You don't have to be a bi girl to join, you can be a couple looking as well. :)

PinkDragon 06-06-2012 02:32 AM

Cool. I just joined. I'm the 5th member LOL And, I'm already in one of those relationships, but I can show support : )

herxonlyxhope 06-06-2012 03:45 AM

Ha, awesome :) thanks for the support and some inspiration.

CielDuMatin 06-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herxonlyxhope (Post 138571)
So to summarize, this group is for bi women and couples looking for a different sort of relationship.

How is this different from the relationships that all of the other unicorn hunters want to find out there?

Can you explain how this is different, please?

Tonberry 06-06-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CielDuMatin (Post 138645)
How is this different from the relationships that all of the other unicorn hunters want to find out there?

Can you explain how this is different, please?

I think she meant different from monogamy.

CielDuMatin 06-06-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonberry (Post 138651)
I think she meant different from monogamy.

OK, I guess the frame of reference I had was this forum, where what was described is very very common and not really different at all.

Tonberry 06-06-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CielDuMatin (Post 138654)
OK, I guess the frame of reference I had was this forum, where what was described is very very common and not really different at all.

Oh, I realise that, but since the OP only has two posts, I'm guessing she found the forums to share her link, and is used to a pitch targeted to general society, with heteronormative monogamy.

Interesting tidbit, at the time I'm writing this post (so not anymore when I press submit) I have 886 posts and you, Ciel, have 868.
Not sure if anyone would find it as interesting as I do, but here you go.

IrisAwakened 06-06-2012 10:28 PM

Not sure what good it will do, but I joined. Support is support, right?

(I think many of us are searching for unicorns out there, definitely among the norm on this site!)

But thanks nonetheless!

(Oh and also, for bi women, there is a bi girl site: www.shybi.com )

herxonlyxhope 06-07-2012 02:36 AM

Hey, thanks for the support and the interesting conversation. What I really mean is something like polyamory, well it really is polyamory, but more specific. More like 3 people who want to be in a monogomous relationship with each other. Kinda off there but I'm sure you get the point, lol.

Kommander 06-07-2012 03:35 AM

Most of us are familiar with the relationship format you are discussing. The concept of a couple looking to add a bisexual girl to their relationship is referred to as "Unicorn Hunting," which is why the word "unicorn" has been mentioned. Many who have experience with this sort of relationship find it to be extremely problematic in practice, and that believing it can work is nothing but a fantasy.

I have not had any experience with this type of relationship, so I can't speculate as to the accuracy of that view. I'm sure it works for some people. However, there once was a couple that wanted to add me to their relationship and it didn't work out, but I think that had more to do with the fact that I'm neither female nor bisexual than it did with the format in itself. Anyway, best of luck to you.