Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poly Discussions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   birth control for men (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2436)

TrollE 04-02-2010 06:49 AM

birth control for men
 
this may have been brought up here before but i didnt see anything.

anyone do anything to help them not impregnate folks? im looking for natural remedies to quell eager sperm.
ive read a lot on neem and have been practicing orgasm control for a few years but that technique is debatable.

anyone feel like sharing their methods/ideas/hopes?

GroundedSpirit 04-02-2010 03:26 PM

Amazing............

We can go to the moon, split atoms, engineer genes and we STILL are dumbfounded by birth control. And overpopulation is maybe the biggest threat to our survival as a species.

Something's wrong with this picture, eh ?

Me - I've come to the conclusion that MALES should all be sterilized at birth with a reversible method. (A nice little shut-off valve).
Permission to reverse that valve should ONLY be granted after said male has been tested and proved competent to assume the role of Fatherhood and has been approved by the consenting female partner.

I may never live to see it though. Our R/D efforts (and funding) are too tightly wound up in creating new plastic toys to amuse societie's mindless drones.

OOOOOps ! I'm in a mood this morning - ain't I !

:)

GS

NeonKaos 04-02-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit (Post 25400)
MALES should all be sterilized at birth with a reversible method. (A nice little shut-off valve).
Permission to reverse that valve should ONLY be granted after said male has been tested and proved competent to assume the role of Fatherhood and has been approved by the consenting female partner.

I like that approach too. People should have to apply for a license to reproduce the same way they have to apply for a license to drive. If they go and have a kid anyway without one, they don't get any tax-breaks or any other benefits "for the children". The "consenting female partners" should also have to pass the competency test.

River 04-02-2010 05:01 PM

My trust in our "democracy" and in the typical (average) citizen of "my country" is not so high as that of those here who would have the state issuing parenting licenses on the basis of parental "competancy".

polytriad 04-02-2010 06:08 PM

1+ on this

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit (Post 25400)
Amazing............

We can go to the moon, split atoms, engineer genes and we STILL are dumbfounded by birth control. And overpopulation is maybe the biggest threat to our survival as a species.

Something's wrong with this picture, eh ?

Me - I've come to the conclusion that MALES should all be sterilized at birth with a reversible method. (A nice little shut-off valve).
Permission to reverse that valve should ONLY be granted after said male has been tested and proved competent to assume the role of Fatherhood and has been approved by the consenting female partner.

I may never live to see it though. Our R/D efforts (and funding) are too tightly wound up in creating new plastic toys to amuse societie's mindless drones.

OOOOOps ! I'm in a mood this morning - ain't I !

:)

GS


vandalin 04-02-2010 07:32 PM

Although I would agree with the temporary neutering, I have to disagree with the "license to breed". Look at who controls the governments currently, how many poly people would be given the "right" to have kids? How many LGBT? How about people with depression that is treatable and being treated? Someone who has a history of drug abuse even but has been clean and sober for years may even be "turned down" because of stupid mistakes in their past. There are way to many subjective ideals about who should and should not become parents and not enough facts about good parenting.

My $.02.

MonoVCPHG 04-02-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit (Post 25400)

Me - I've come to the conclusion that MALES should all be sterilized at birth with a reversible method. (A nice little shut-off valve).
Permission to reverse that valve should ONLY be granted after said male has been tested and proved competent to assume the role of Fatherhood and has been approved by the consenting female partner.



GS

Although I agree with the concept...I can't wrap my head around all the checks and balances this would involve. And of course we would have to have a moral and social standard to decide who is a deserving male. What about women? There's an argument for this too but again that would be a very murky water to swim.

maca 04-03-2010 03:29 AM

Soooo... Im assuming that you ( OP) are wanting to remain free fluid with your partners? Because the best way for a guy ( besides the big "V" ) is a condom. Personally Im fixed and it was the best thing Iv done. But we have 4 kids already and Im counting the years till retirement.:D


Peace and Love
Maca

noob 04-03-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by River (Post 25408)
My trust in our "democracy" and in the typical (average) citizen of "my country" is not so high as that of those here who would have the state issuing parenting licenses on the basis of parental "competancy".

Yeah, whenever governments have been in charge of reproduction, it hasn't worked out well.

I highly doubt governments would issue licenses to most of the people on this board for example--the mix of queer/poly/just plain unconventional would probably doom us, and I like my little girl so I'm glad no one got to tell me I couldn't have her :D

noob 04-03-2010 03:11 PM

But to answer the OP...if you know you never want kids (or more kids, whatever the case may be), I'd definitely opt for vasectomy. It's pretty safe and very effective.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 AM.