Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pet Peeves (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2013)

DrunkenPorcupine 01-21-2010 04:18 AM

Pet Peeves

What are your pet peeves? What little irksome things do people do or situations arise that just grinds your gears?

JonnyAce 01-21-2010 07:39 AM

People who don't use their turn signals, when changing lanes, or getting off the highway. (this is just one i'm sure there will be more)

CielDuMatin 01-21-2010 02:09 PM

People who can't be bothered (or don't know) proper english punctuation and can't be bothered to learn.

It's and its
there, their and they're
using apostrophes on plurals "I am going to have bagel's"

Using txt speak ("r u going 2nite?") in online forums and other places where there is no limit on number of characters in a message.

DrunkenPorcupine 01-21-2010 02:17 PM

It's a clear, sunny day.

The parking lot is flat and level.

The car in front of me is an automatic.

And the person in front of me decides to BACK INTO A PARKING SPACE.

Ahhhhhhh! :eek:

NeonKaos 01-21-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CielDuMatin (Post 20597)
People who can't be bothered (or don't know) proper english punctuation and can't be bothered to learn.

It's and its
To and too
there, their and they're

Using txt speak ("r u going 2nite?") in online forums and other places where there is no limit on number of characters in a message.

These.

MrSteve 01-21-2010 03:00 PM

Most political discussions end up raising my blood pressure :D Especially when I'm talking with someone with stereotypical left or right views.

GroundedSpirit 01-21-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenPorcupine (Post 20599)
It's a clear, sunny day.

The parking lot is flat and level.

The car in front of me is an automatic.

And the person in front of me decides to BACK INTO A PARKING SPACE.

Ahhhhhhh! :eek:

Not sure what the "automatic" has to do with anything - and how you know but in any case - it might have been me up until about a month ago.
I had my neck broken in an accident and had severe range of motion after for awhile - resulting in me not being able to turn my head enough to see behind me. Using the mirrors would let me back in safely enough to selected spaces but the idea of someone being behind me (a child?) when backing out wasn't something I was willing to risk.
If someone was intent enough on riding my ass into the parking area so it caused them to back up some too......well...... :)

EdibleStrange 04-04-2010 02:32 PM

Cocktail waitresses who only understand how to serve drinks. FOOD GETS COLD. YOU NEED TO COME WHEN WE CALL YOU! :mad:

Breathesgirl 04-04-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CielDuMatin (Post 20597)

It's and its
there, their and they're

and (separate quote here) People who don't use their turn signals, when changing lanes, or getting off the highway.

YES!!!!!

Parents who aren't monitoring their young children while out on their bikes. Young children out without their bike helmets while riding their bikes.

Partners who aren't considerate of my valuable time even though I'm considerate of their time.

Dog owners who don't scoop after the poop.

Not replacing the empty toilet paper roll.

Not rinsing out the shower or sink after shaving.

Not rolling down the top of the toothpaste tube so we use ALL the toothpaste.

Not rinsing out your dirty dishes since I'm the one who does 99.999% of the dish washing. (aimed at kids, lol)

Not putting dirty dishes in the kitchen in the first place.

Leaving garbage lying around instead of taking the two steps to the garbage can.

maca 04-04-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Not replacing the empty toilet paper roll

YES and putting the toilet paper roll on backwards!!! The paper should come off the top not the bottom!!!:(

Not putting the lid on the tooth paste.. It gets that hard ball of dried up paste stuck in the tip and thats gross!!:confused: