Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poly Discussions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "The Network" NYS Polyamory (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1973)

divinstress 01-14-2010 06:51 PM

"The Network" NYS Polyamory

Has anyone else tried to join 'The Network' as indicated in Ravenesque's sig file? I tried a couple of days ago, and still haven't heard anything about whether my registration was approved or denied. So just wondering if I'd done something wrong?

Also - if you've tried to join, what were your thoughts on the opening 'questionaire'?

Divinstress

JonnyAce 01-14-2010 08:17 PM

i joined with no problems, and also had no problem w/the questionnaire .

divinstress 01-14-2010 08:36 PM

I personally found the opening form rather intrusive. I don't mind there being questions regarding sexuality, relationship status etc, but I believe I should have the OPTION of answering and not be REQUIRED to answer. And if an answer is required, then one of the options should be 'Other' (better that NOYB I suppose :))

D

JonnyAce 01-14-2010 08:58 PM

fair enough, i'm a very open person, so it doesn't matter to me, but i do agree there should be some sort of option, rather than a requirement.

ImaginaryIllusion 01-14-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divinstress (Post 19941)
Has anyone else tried to join 'The Network' as indicated in Ravenesque's sig file?

I believe the network you refer to is of Ravenesque's making. I would suggest that questions and comments about her site would be best served by sending them to her directly over PM.

divinstress 01-15-2010 12:02 AM

Thanks - I'll do that!

Ceoli 01-26-2010 03:47 PM

Interesting. You've joined this online polyamory forum, and your first and only comments are about complaining about another online polyamory forum.

Anyone else think that's kind of weird?

divinstress 01-26-2010 04:04 PM

Perhaps it's because if feel it's more important to listen right now? To try and find all the information I can? Which is why I looked into "The Network" and then withdrew my application because I realized it probably wasn't the place for me if the application process bothered me that much.

Is there a problem with that?

Ilove2men 01-26-2010 05:25 PM

No worries, divinstress. I am also a lurker for the most part. I only post when there is something I cannot find on the board already or when there is a topic that actually have enough experience to have valid input. I'm new to the poly lifestyle and am a work in progress so I don't feel comfortable givin my opinion or my little experience because I don't know what the long term outcome is for any of the decisions I have made in the last 6 months. So I absord all that I can from those with real experience and not just theories. Absorb all you want and ask what you need to. Us lurkers may be seen as abrupt strangers sometimes, but I feel like I know everyone here. Just have to remember they don't know me quite so well.

Ceoli 01-26-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divinstress (Post 21011)
Perhaps it's because if feel it's more important to listen right now? To try and find all the information I can? Which is why I looked into "The Network" and then withdrew my application because I realized it probably wasn't the place for me if the application process bothered me that much.

Is there a problem with that?

Nope. Nothing wrong with lurking at all. I just found it curious that your only posts here were about criticizing another site.