Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Vegetarian recipes please (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1743)

redpepper 12-14-2009 07:30 AM

Vegetarian recipes please

The holidays are coming and I am making supper for our family.
Traditionally I make a nut stuffing that is to die for! Last year I made a yummy turnip recipe that was both savory and sweet... (I can add the recipes if anyone is interested...)

I just wondered if anyone had something they like to cook that would add to our meal?

A turkey replacement would be awesome as my dear Mono will be out of luck this year as there will not be one... something different and special would be nice though

any thoughts?

MonoVCPHG 12-14-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpepper (Post 15695)

A turkey replacement would be awesome as my dear Mono will be out of luck this year as there will not be one... something different and special would be nice though

any thoughts?

Moose....Maca, please man, it's no fair!!

redpepper 12-14-2009 07:49 AM

Oh you are so hard done by... you'll probably get your meat else where anyways!

MonoVCPHG 12-14-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpepper (Post 15698)
Oh you are so hard done by... you'll probably get your meat else where anyways!

I could totally make a comment about this..but I am wise and mature :o

JonnyAce 12-14-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 15699)
I could totally make a comment about this..but I am wise and mature :o

You are definitely wise, but since when have you been mature :p

redpepper 12-14-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 15699)
but I am wise and mature :o

yes... stick with that and get off my thread with your filth and dirtiness.... unless you have a recipe! or no supper for you :p:D

MonoVCPHG 12-14-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyAce (Post 15700)
You are definitely wise, but since when have you been mature :p

Good point HAHA!! I was waiting for soemone to call bullshit on that one :rolleyes:

JonnyAce 12-14-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 15702)
Good point HAHA!! I was waiting for soemone to call bullshit on that one :rolleyes:

always glad to help! :rolleyes:

redpepper 12-14-2009 08:10 AM

Hey! No provoking jonnyace!

Out out out! Both of you, you're wrecking my thread! unless you are sharing a recipe? ;)

Sweetheart 12-14-2009 08:50 AM

Today is St. Lucia, a Swedish holiday. My daughters always bake gingerbread, and bring it to us wearing the traditional white dress with red sash and a wreath of candles on the head (electric candles!). Many people also bake special saffron buns for St. Lucia. There are tons of recipes online, just google St. Lucia recipes.

We bake a lot of Native American foods for the holiday season. I don't have the recipes because we always go to the library and get them each year. Mollie Katzen's vegetarian cookbooks see a lot of use with us (Moosewood Cookbook, Enchanted Broccoli Forest, Still Life With Menu, etc.).

We just get our recipes online or at the library. :o