Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   NY Metro Area (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16718)

LittleSara 11-07-2011 02:02 PM

NY Metro Area
 
Hey everyone!

I'm a 25 year old bi-sexual woman, settling into a polyamorous lifestyle... unfortunately I haven't found too many people who are open to both loving more than one person AND being honest about it... with ALL people involved... so if you have any recommendations for ways to meet others like us in the NY metro area, much appreciated!!

Thank you for creating a safe environment to grow!! <3

LittleSara

ImaginaryIllusion 11-07-2011 04:12 PM

NY has some very active poly groups, both metro and upstate.

Welcome to the Forum.

LittleSara 11-07-2011 08:09 PM

Donde??
 
Thanks for the reply and welcome!

Are the groups online somewhere? :confused: or on this forum? Still learning to navigate the Poly-world :o

nycindie 11-07-2011 08:18 PM

Hi! I'm in Manhattan - and I see you're in NJ, where I grew up!

I just posted some info re NYC metro area here in this thread:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...61&postcount=4

In general, I try to post announcements for this area (when I come across them) in the Meetings and Events forum.

There's a cocktail party once a month in the East Village. I haven't been to one of these in months, but there's a pre-Thanksgiving party next week (the 14th) and I am planning to go. The group is now planning the December bash, the Second Annual Holiday Party scheduled for Friday night, Dec. 16th. My first meeting with this group was last year's holiday party (their First Annual!) and I enjoyed it immensely.

LittleSara 11-07-2011 08:57 PM

Sounds great!
 
I checked out your thread, so excited to attend! I'm planning to go on the 14th... thanks so much!! :D

nycindie 11-07-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleSara (Post 109652)
I checked out your thread, so excited to attend! I'm planning to go on the 14th... thanks so much!! :D

Cool. I'll PM you (send a Private Message here on this forum) a little later so we can look for each other.

JDStudent 11-07-2011 09:15 PM

Hi LittleSara, thanks for letting me know about the event. I am very excited (although a little nervous, I will admit) to attend but I cannot wait to get more exposure to and knowledge of the polyamorous lifestyle :)

nycindie 11-07-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDStudent (Post 109660)
Hi LittleSara, thanks for letting me know about the event. I am very excited (although a little nervous, I will admit) to attend but I cannot wait to get more exposure to and knowledge of the polyamorous lifestyle :)

Hey Ashley, there really isn't anything called "the poly lifestyle" for you to learn about.

People just incorporate polyamory into their existing lifestyles and everyone has their own way of living it and approaching how to make it work. Keep reading this forum for more info, especially the New to Polyamory and General Discussion sections. Oh, and in the Golden Nuggets forum provides good resources for learning.

JDStudent 11-07-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycindie (Post 109663)
Hey Ashley, there really isn't anything called "the poly lifestyle" for you to learn about.

People just incorporate polyamory into their existing lifestyles and everyone has their own way of living it and approaching how to make it work. Keep reading this forum for more info, especially the New to Polyamory and General Discussion sections. Oh, and in the Golden Nuggets forum provides good resources for learning about how other people live polyamorously.

Eep, my mistake! I guess I am interested in how different people do just that: approach polyamory and make it work despite the potential for conflict, mainly jealousy. The more I can learn, the more I think I can find the way to make this work for my life and existing relationship.

Thank you for correcting me, I most certainly sound like I am brand new to the forum :o Haha.

JDStudent 11-07-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycindie (Post 109663)
Hey Ashley, there really isn't anything called "the poly lifestyle" for you to learn about.

People just incorporate polyamory into their existing lifestyles and everyone has their own way of living it and approaching how to make it work. Keep reading this forum for more info, especially the New to Polyamory and General Discussion sections. Oh, and in the Golden Nuggets forum provides good resources for learning.

Oh, eep. Sorry! I hope that is not a term that offends. Clearly I am very new here! I do appreciate you clarifying.

That is why I came here, though, to learn how people are able to successfully incorporate polyamory into their existing lives and relationships. I know that that is the only way that I will be able to find a way to incorporate it into my own.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 AM.