Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poly Discussions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poly Fiction? (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1555)

Erosa 11-30-2009 04:01 AM

Poly Fiction?

Okay,

Weird, Weird question but...

One of the things that I am by definition of soul is a writer. And I have just got to write about anything that fascinates me.

So... Though I'm not ready to undertake such a thing at the moment, I have to ask, is there room on this forum for poly 'fan fiction'? o_o

LOL! Have you written me off as weird yet?

I have actaully almost excluded myself from writing romance at all because the standard 'boy meets girl, boy wins girl, boy pisses girl off, boy looses girl... etc...etc..' is SO BORING. 0_0

But poly presents absolutely enchanting ideas for a romance... Think of the emotion you could pack into that! :D:D

Quath 11-30-2009 04:02 AM

I would like to see poly fiction myself. I hope you write some.

Erosa 11-30-2009 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quath (Post 13785)
I would like to see poly fiction myself. I hope you write some.

Ah ha! Encouragement!!!! :D

I will have to do some more learning first so I don't make and utter mess of it though. LOL

redpepper 11-30-2009 05:31 AM

What is fan fiction?
Sounds interesting.... :)

Quath 11-30-2009 06:37 AM

Fan fiction usually means taking an established storyline that is not yours and making stories for it. For example, people tend to write a lot of Star Trek or Star Wars fan fiction.

redpepper 11-30-2009 06:42 AM

Yay, cool, I'm into that. How would that work on here though...? sounds like a blog idea maybe.

Erosa 11-30-2009 04:57 PM

Well I don't really see it as being a blog idea....

Maybe that's the catagory on the forum it would go into though. I was thinking more along the lines of a romance type novel. With a plot line of course, but with poly relationships.

Then you'd have a whole different dynamic of the ups and downs, ins and outs, of romance. I think it would be amazing.

greenearthal 11-30-2009 09:01 PM

I once wrote two novels that had a lot of poly characters.

Some excerpts are posted in here.

redpepper 12-01-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erosa (Post 13892)
Well I don't really see it as being a blog idea....

Maybe that's the catagory on the forum it would go into though. I was thinking more along the lines of a romance type novel. With a plot line of course, but with poly relationships.

Then you'd have a whole different dynamic of the ups and downs, ins and outs, of romance. I think it would be amazing.

yes that would be a good spot. Would we all add to the story, or just you?

Erosa 12-01-2009 04:16 PM

You have a good idea there. Peope who all added to the story would make it like a 'role play' tread. Where each person submitted a character and then had control over the actions of their character only. And then the characters could form poly relationships and write about it from that perspective.

I was originally thinking of a novel-style work that I might write and post for the enjoyment of all.

But I really like this idea of a group effort. :D