Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fireplace (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hobbies (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13491)

Allstar 08-16-2011 12:17 AM

Hobbies

So what are your Hobbys? I enjoy dancing ballroom and swing, skimboarding, music (play violin and guitar learning piano), and riding my motorcycle.

MonoVCPHG 08-16-2011 04:39 AM

Motorcycling....motorcycling....and more motorcycling. I'm pretty one dimensional ;)

Minxxa 08-16-2011 01:15 PM

I'm in grad school, so hobbies are hard to come by lately! But... I am currently WAY into hot yoga right now.

As for other hobbies here and there... I am an avid reader (and I do consider that a hobby!), and I like to take dance classes when I can.

openbj 08-16-2011 05:57 PM

Reading, singing (working on my first album), building websites, camping (really, anything outdoors), our dogs (we breed and show), making candles, baking, cooking in general, and I actually really enjoy doing research on different things (weird huh?).

marksbabygirl 08-16-2011 06:15 PM

Derby, crafts (sewing, crosstitch, quilting, cardmaking, scrapbooking), baking, hiking, and computer time :D

nycindie 08-16-2011 07:23 PM

Genealogy, research, sewing, drawing, singing. I used to belong to a volleyball league and would love to get back into that!

SNeacail 08-16-2011 07:41 PM

Sewing, knitting, camping, hiking/backpacking, skiing, woodworking, shooting, canning, historical re-enactments (current focus: 16th century Ireland/Scottish highlands), baking and occassionally cooking.

Seriously, I would have more except I don't have time or money for any more :p. I've been trying hard to avoid learning how to spin/weave yarn and leather work, but they are wearing me down:eek:. New hobbies call out to me and I have to fight them off, especially domestic crafts. Yes ADD is a factor here :p

I think I joined the historical re-enactment group just to have an outlet for a large combination of my hobbies. A nice bonus was to be surrounded by people who actually appreciate the amount of work that goes into "my crafts" and are willing to compensate accordingly (no grumbling because something similar can be found at Walmart for 1/4 of the price - which is why I usually don't sew/knit for others).

Setxfamily 08-17-2011 02:39 AM

I enjoy model trains, leather crafts, camping, swimming, hunting, my family, reading, studying history and the SCA.

My lady enjoys reading, computer games, knitting, sewing, reading, and the SCA as well.

Allstar 08-17-2011 10:44 AM

Leather crafting is cool. I use to do that. I missed it alot. I also miss playing paintball. I use to be sponsored. It is funny the things I have interests in just no time for them now.

Allstar 08-17-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG (Post 97473)
Motorcycling....motorcycling....and more motorcycling. I'm pretty one dimensional ;)

Judging from you sig pic you are on a sporty?