Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   Life stories and blogs (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Poly on purpose. (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10738)

Freetime 06-08-2011 05:43 PM

Poly on purpose.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7618 My journey into polyamory as a Mono married to a poly wife.

This new thread is about my walk on this side of the path. Poly Husband married to Poly Wife.

Hmmmmmmm....I don't feel any different. Don't look any different either, although I do notice a not so subtle sparkle in my eyes. probably just lust, but I'm good with that. No special tattoo, secret decoder ring or hand shake. Everything seems to be the same, and yet it isn't.

When T came out as Poly everything looked the same,yet wasn't. And I'm having that same experience again as I start this part of the adventure. I feel like I'm universe hopping.

Do you know how odd it is to have both your wife and girlfriend tell you to have a great night out on your date with your other Girlfriend? I mean seriously?

Polyamory is a powerful contextual shift, one that challenges just about every relational Ideal I've held for most of my life.

So why am I doing this? That's a very good question. I was challenged both Intellectually and emotionally on the point, Why not Poly? I thought about this for days, and every answer I came up with sounded like an excuse, a weak rationalization, a discussion without a purpose. So I moved.

Why am I doing this? Because I want to. I have no better answer to give.

MonoVCPHG 06-08-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freetime (Post 85305)
[url] I have no better answer to give.

And you should never feel the need to explain it further :) Enjoy the journey :D

Freetime 06-10-2011 04:25 AM

Wow what a fuck up this was...

....what a night. T and I decided to meet a guy who is in town working for awhile. Sort of a meet and greet, welcome to local polyland. He showed up half pissed, full of ego and bluster and drank even more while he told lies, bad stories over and over as only drunk dullards can do.

I know this may come as a surprise but i don't suffer assholes gladly, and decided enough was enough. I explained to him that showing up drunk, lying and acting like an asshole wasn't really working for me and that this was over and he was free to go, like right now. Only not as politely as I make it sound here.

I now know just how fortunate T and I are to have met the people we have. This scumbag was the complete opposite of everyone we've met to date.

A great life lesson for me and a very good experience for T. Not everyone calling themselves Poly really is.

Freetime 06-10-2011 04:29 AM

And yet....

.... last night was sublime in it's wonder and enjoyment. Thanks FHC.

ImaginaryIllusion 06-10-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freetime (Post 85532)

A great life lesson for me and a very good experience for T. Not everyone calling themselves Poly really is.

Poly or not...assholes are still assholes! :)

Freetime 06-11-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion (Post 85577)
Poly or not...assholes are still assholes! :)

This asshat isn't poly he's just trolling the community for fuck buddies. He's approached another person in the local group oddly enough who also wanted nothing to do with him. Small world.

ImaginaryIllusion 06-12-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freetime (Post 85701)
This asshat isn't poly he's just trolling the community for fuck buddies. He's approached another person in the local group oddly enough who also wanted nothing to do with him. Small world.

Hopefully it's no one I know.

Freetime 06-13-2011 07:58 AM

Saturday T2 and M came to visit. I'm still smiling. :D I didn't know I could feel like this for more then one person. So many experiences of love and laughter of the bittersweet sorrow of parting.

Sigh....More please.

Freetime 06-13-2011 08:04 AM

Sunday, Spent the afternoon walking and talking with FHC, Then went for a walk alone in the rain, no coat. Sweet universe what an amazing day. Hello FHC, thanks for letting me in. We'll walk slowly.

Freetime 06-13-2011 09:32 AM

NRE? random thoughts.

I have never experienced love so freely given, so freely received. I'm having a drink, smoking a Cigar and listening to Adele 21.

If this all stops tomorrow. I'll still be grateful and humbled by what I've been given by my wife, FHC, T2. and their respective partners.

Edit: As I was writing this last missive for the night, T came in and delivered some hard news. her company, our source of income is experiencing critical financial issues, which affects well just about everything. I don't know if the universe is fucking with us or me, but all I can say is bring it on. I'm a big boy I can take it. just another day in the life of Freetime.

About the only thing I'd change about this journey is the pain I've caused my wife. Your not alone T, I swear to God you're not baby. We'll be alright.

Still an amazing day.

Night folks, be well.

Freetime.