Polyamory.com Forum

Polyamory.com Forum (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Poly Discussions (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question on which is easier? (http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10285)

Interested32 05-25-2011 07:41 PM

Question on which is easier?

Is it easier being a single looking for a couple or a couple looking for a third. Since I am single I have the view of that a least the couple have each other to support each other. Can you give me different views?

SourGirl 05-25-2011 09:39 PM

It is as easy or as hard, as YOU make it. Wether that 'YOU' is a collective-you, or a single-you.

Those who know themselves, on a basic level, and don`t get caught up in the specifics of 'happiness'..tend to keep a open mind.

A open mind, = a open soul. Allowing opportunities, and experiences to enter our lives, however it may happen.

There are singles who struggle, there are couples who struggle. No one has a edge,...just different struggles.

Don`t get caught up in the grass being greener, on the other side. It rarely ever is.

Ariakas 05-25-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested32 (Post 83249)
Is it easier being a single looking for a couple or a couple looking for a third. Since I am single I have the view of that a least the couple have each other to support each other. Can you give me different views?

Neither is easier. It depends on the people involved.

Being a couple doesn't naturally make it easier. Some people can offset the pressure by leaning on their partners, others can't.

In the end, for most people... poly isn't easy..

You do have an advantage in your searching though. There are many... many.. more couples looking for singles than visa versa.

Interested32 05-25-2011 11:01 PM

Thank you for your answers.

I was trying to get a better understanding of both sides of the coin.

SourGirl 05-26-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested32 (Post 83281)
I was trying to get a better understanding of both sides of the coin.

Then you read. Lots of threads and experiences to choose from.

redpepper 05-26-2011 06:26 AM

try a tag search for "unicorns" or "secondary" there should be some good reads there.

KellyBryan 05-27-2011 04:59 PM

I find it very difficult to find a singe bi female to join my husband and I. We have been looking for a while but as the say SWF are unicorns:cool:

Interested32 05-27-2011 05:06 PM

I think sometimes it is location.

There are not a lot of know poly like minded people in new Brunswick Canada. I am a bi female looking for a couple.

MonoVCPHG 05-27-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested32 (Post 83495)
There are not a lot of know poly like minded people in new Brunswick Canada. I am a bi female looking for a couple.

Hey, I lived in Oromocto back in 1978! ....ummmm just saying:o

Interested32 05-27-2011 06:32 PM

Before my time.

Sorry I was not born yet.