Any advice here

yogos

Currently I am single but I would love to try this out. I'm eighteen so there's still plenty of time to try this out but I want to know what it feels like. Hypothetically if I were to get into a relationship with a girl I like how do I ask her if she is interested.

I'm not going to ask her something like hey so I have had this fantasy that my girlfriend has another boyfriend and yadda yadda. But at the same time it's my ultimate baggage and I can't keep things from her.

Any advice on where to go to find people with this same interest or how I could confide in them to think it over without sounding completely insane?

If you are certain about wanting this, then don't describe it as a "fantasy", would be my main advice. It's your preferred relationship style that you like the idea of your partner having multiple committed relationships. Calling it a "fantasy" makes it sound more like a dream sex exploit that you have been thinking about, rather than a serious way you want to live your life.

The question is - do YOU want to have multiple relationships?

Yeah, I wouldn't describe it as a fantasy. If you feel that polyamory is for you, embrace it and give it a try, but don't make it out to be a fantasy or fetish. Whether you want to call it a lifestyle or relationship orientation or whatever, whenever you date women just let them know it's who and what you are.
Where to find other polys? That's easy. There's polymatchmaker and okcupid on the personals front. Or you can join your local poly club or meetup. (Polygroups.com has a great directory of them.)
Good luck!

Back