Nervous about having 'the talk'

Aroway

As a bit of background, I've been in a monogamous relationship with a guy for the past 8 months. He's a good friend to me, but the relationship also came at a really rocky time in my life; a long term relationship ended horribly and I was in distress about it for a long time.

Now, similar feelings that caused my previous relationship to crash and burn are cropping up: I'm not sure that I'm ready for an exclusive relationship at this point in my life because I'm not sure what I want long term and I feel like I'm suppressing some part of me. I know I need to talk to him about them soon because if I put it off, it will only get worse for the both of us. I've written out my thoughts and I intend to ask if he'd consider open dating or an open relationship.

I'm nervous about it, but at the same time he deserves to know and I think (or at least hope) it's the right decision because if I try to bury my feelings, it will almost certainly become unhealthy. If anyone has ever been in this situation before, I'd greatly appreciate the advice. I'm hoping I can speak with him in person tomorrow about. And I can update this with the aftermath, however it goes.

How did "the talk" go? Sorry I didn't respond to your initial post. Have you made any decisions about your new love interest?

outcome?

Yes would love to know how the talk went. I always find that going into it completely honest and without expectations is best.

Back