This website will clear up all my confusion, right?

Jenikyula

I'm just joking. After nearly 2 years in a closed relationship I'm starting to feel like monogamy isn't for me. I'm not sure what the future holds for my partner and me but I suspect it won't be pleasant. Hopefully the forum here will see me through whatever may be. :)

Good luck on your journey. My wife and I found this forum and it has helped her in gaining knowledge of poly relationships. For her its hard to understand since she is completely monogamous. Again good luck. :)

Greetings Jenikyula,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Haha, yes, all your confusion will be cleared up here. ;)

Seriously though, you can find a wide range of poly perspective here, which may help things seem less overwhelming. The Life stories and blogs board is a good place to visit.

Also if you don't mind a bit of book reading, I highly recommend "Opening Up: a guide to creating and sustaining open relationships," by Tristan Taormino.

I hope you and your partner can work things out, at least well enough that you'll still be friends.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

I recommend being very open and honest with your partner. If they are a monogamous person, like I am, they may have a very hard time figuring out what to think, do, feel. It's pretty crazy, as I am experiencing it myself.

My husband has spent the last few weeks trying to ease my mind and help me work though this, too. I'm still not sure quite how this will all work out (and his relationship was only emotional, not sexual). It's hard for someone who's mind works on a monogamous level, to truly grasp the possibility that someone could fall in love with another person, without taking something away from the original relationship. Good luck with your journey. :)

Back