The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I was wondering the same thing! It's the first thread I read when I log on.

It probly got accidentally deleted with the spam (it wasn't me!). Go ahead and start another one right here.

I'm doing better today. I went to AA last night. Actually, there was a birthday party for two of the people. I was in a miserable state. This weekend has been beyond shitty for me. The meeting helped. Hard to stay shitty when there are people celebrating. Gets me into a good mood every time. Although I can be stubborn.

I should get my promotion this week, retroactive to the beginning of the month of May. Its been 98% sure for a while, but it will be good to get the letter in my hand. Career and job are going exceedingly well. I am quite blessed to be good at what I do and be able to talk about it. haha

hmmmm.. haha

Some of it (most notably the first and last pages) can still be found in the Google cache. So if anyone wrote anything in there that they are emotionally attached to, they can probably find a record of it by doing a specific Google search with "polyamory.com" + your user name + keyword and clicking on "Cache" in the result.

ETA: This sucks but we are all flawed human beings and it is not the end of the world.

Some of it (most notably the first and last pages) can still be found in the Google cache. So if anyone wrote anything in there that they are emotionally attached to, they can probably find a record of it by doing a specific Google search with "polyamory.com" + your user name + keyword and clicking on "Cache" in the result.

ETA: This sucks but we are all flawed human beings and it is not the end of the world.

Simply sarcasm. I don't care one way or the other. A little large thread cleansing is always good for the soul. haha

Tired, which is heightening my frustrations and making me angrier about something I have absolutely NO control over. Government offices suck, especially their hours, but it is what it is. *shrug*

Doing better today. This weekend has been beyond shitty for me. The meeting helped. Hard to stay shitty when there are people celebrating. Gets me into a good mood every time, although I can be stubborn.

. . . I am quite blessed to be good at what I do and be able to talk about it. haha.

I am so glad you are feeling better. You've been traveling and (I think) on your own a lot. Maybe you just needed to be around people and connect with other human beings to get out of your head.

I am so glad you are feeling better. You've been traveling and (I think) on your own a lot. Maybe you just needed to be around people and connect with other human beings to get out of your head.

It's a fight. I shut down and pull back when things go shitty.

I was alone for a little over a week. It was actually a good time. Then again, I was working 12 to 14 hour days. Human interaction is definitely a good thing. :D

All that work to get the how are you doing thread to over 500 pages, and now we have to start all over again. :rolleyes::D

Spent all day Sunday moving lumber, helping my new "Clan" tear down from the Ren Faire, then spent most of Monday fighting back spasams (off and on since Friday). Then I woke up this morning with NO back pain, first time in a week. :D

Umm, slightly hungover. My fiance C and I killed a bottle of white chocolate Bailey's and half a bottle of wine last night, (we're not big drinkers) while playing Strip Uno :D and discussing the nature of our relationship. Turns out he's poly too. (He has a crush on a woman he knew in high school.( He gave me the green light to explore things with H without any real limitations.

He's also really ok with sharing. Let's say the night ended well. :D

Had a long painful conversation with W about us, where we're at with our relationship, his self esteem, my self esteem and what we each want and are willing to give.

It started as a talk about sex - then ended up in serious relationship issues... :eek:

It ended well. I'll post more on my blog later...

Don't you love when you have something to say, then get interrupted and then forget what you were planning on saying? Jeez..

Gonna skip the game tonight, buy some parts for both my bikes and get my xc and dh bikes fixed. Then it's time to start riding. Lots of people remember my riding from a couple of years ago and are anxious to get me back out. Not to mention the mountain is open. Masochism at its best.

Last edited:
Don't ya love when you have something to say, then get interrupted and then forget what you were planning on saying. Jeez..

I know the feeling well, it usually happens anytime my kids are in the vicinity!

I had a friend walk into my office and decide it was a good time to shoot the shit haha..

*shrugs* as mom used to say, it must not have been important haha

Or it will wake you up at 3am and you'll have to get out of bed to write it down because you won't be able to sleep if you don't :D

Back