Intro 2.1

juliepatchoulie

Hi Everybody!!! I was so upset when I joined (out of fear) I forgot to introduce myself....I was 'Confused'. Well, I am back to my old self and certainly not confused at all since joining and finding so many others with the same issues...in a good way...I live in Santa Rosa California in an old section in a great little house with my partner and Taylor the cat...I am very 420 friendly and belong to a collective that specifically caters to the medical issues and I consult with terminal individuals. I am actively searching for the 'perfect' poly
relationship (which probably does not exist) for lack of a better description. I am a gregarious individual-I work in a corporate environment-I own a couple of German cars and a hybrid and have been in one poly relationship that lasted almost ten years. My partner is an intern for awareness workshops and a massage therapist. I was never into anything organized and was encouraged to do so. So, that's it, that's all.

Hi jp! Glad you posted an intro.

So what do you consider your "perfect" poly relationship?

perfect poly

well, thanks for saying hi....the perfect poly relationship for me would be living with two men and being proactive with both...and absolute perfection would be with a couple and everyone loved everyone with no possessiveness or other issues..and I know these are attainable goals because my partner was into a poly relationship with his then wife and another couple and wow it lasted a lot of years until one passed on....what's your perfect poly?

My "perfect" poly is having a long-term committed romantic loving relationship with one or more people who can respect each other for who they are with no attempts to manipulate or change the others - I think that from a purely practical standpoint my limit is two (Based on current experiences). Living arrangements are negotiable as is whether the two of them have anything beyond a functioning friendship. If they choose to bring others into the relationship then that is totally cool by me too, and I don't mind what sex their partners are.

I don't know that I focus quite so much on "perfect", though - I think I have some needs which a relationship configuration needs to fill, and some wants over and above that. As long as the needs are met (and everyone else's who is involved) then I think I cam quite flexible.

I feel blessed to have a wonderful relationship like this for over a year and a half now. I have had others that have been learning opportunities and good in themselves but this one is by far the best.

Thanks for asking!

Welcome Julie-Patchoulie

May the perfect Poly-Relationship find you and yours.

Stormsinger and I have been looking for the same for a number of years with some nice and not so nice results along the way.

But hope springs eternal.

On a side note what happened to the Nautical Designations for everyone?

Think I was up to Deckhand and was hoping to one day hit Dirty Little Cabin Boy??

Oh well welcome Julie.

Just Me,
Tim
Ralph_Hedley_The_Cabin_Boy_1891_51c.jpg

Welcome!

Welcome to the forums! I tend to be nervous unshakably in new situations off the net. Usually around the issues that are closest to my heart like polyamory.

The collective sounds interesting. What comes to mind are intentional communities and cooperatives. Are these different than the collective you mention?

My preference within a polyamorous relationship is a non-hierarchical one. It would be wonderful to develop a poly family where we lived together in the future. I don't have a numerical preference but I do see a house filled with warmth and love. And this doesn't exclude relationships with those who don't live with me either. Currently I'd like to form relationships with others who have spiritual and/or kinky interests in common.

I saw your post on the UU thread. Are you a UU or also joyful that they open arms to the polyamorous people?

~Raven~

Welcome to the forums and best wishes finding your perfect relationship..it's out there :)

Back