How to activate Quick Reply?

bulrush

Hi,
I'm new here, I think I have 6 posts.

This forum software looks very similar to many other forums I've been on, and that I've run myself. These forums have a Quick Reply box at the bottom of each thread page, where you just type in your reply and hit Post/Submit. On this forum, first I have to click "Post Reply", wait for the webpage to reload, type my reply, then click Submit.

Why the extra step?

Thanks.

The bottom leftmost icon on a post will activate the quick reply box without reloading.

The extra button clicking is an anti-spammer thing to keep the russian spam bots under control.

The bottom leftmost icon on a post will activate the quick reply box without reloading.

The extra button clicking is an anti-spammer thing to keep the russian spam bots under control.
I think you mean rightmost. =P But yes, under every post, that button is there, next to multi-quote and quote.

I tried the rightmost button. Thanks. But that is not what I was referring to.

With other forum software, you do not have to click any button. The Quick Reply box is already open for typing. I can't even tell what kind of software this forum uses. Usually the forum software name is at the bottom of each page.

I tried the rightmost button. Thanks. But that is not what I was referring to.

With other forum software, you do not have to click any button. The Quick Reply box is already open for typing. I can't even tell what kind of software this forum uses. Usually the forum software name is at the bottom of each page.
The quick reply isn't already open. It only opens once that button is clicked. It's exactly what you mentioned in your first post...

Back