Hi All

Jonny

Hi my name is Jonny and am a married 33 year old male. My wife and I have 2 kids aged 4 and 2.5 years.

Recently my wife has come to me acknowledging that she feels Love for men and women and that she would like to be able to act on these feelings.

So here I am to learn about the lifestyle my wife needs to be herself. I am hoping I can gain the knowledge I need to understand and to embrace this as a positive in our life.

Thanks

Welcome!

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.
Best general advice I can think of for now is that, it's great that you love your wife and you've made a great first step coming here. Keep up the good work. :cool:

Hi Jonny and welcome!
I continue to be impressed by the non-polys who join this site to learn more because they love someone who's poly and want to be well-informed. Or are you also considering getting wet yourself? Either way, it's nice to see your openness towards your wife's wishes. Has she joined, too?

I only joined myself a short while back, so I'm not the best one to give you advice, but there are tag words you can use to learn more about any facet you're interested in.
If you're not interested in being poly yourself, but want to support your wife in this step, you might read some interesting threads found by typing "mono-poly", "mono", or "mono/poly" in the "search" option (see the blue bar at the top of the page). And since you've got kids, you could try "children" to find threads dealing with polyamory and parenting.
As I said, more experienced members will be able to give you better tips.

Happy searching!

Thanks for the replies. No my wife has not yet joined. I don't have intentions of getting my feet wet yet as I am still trying to figure this all out. As most can imagine it's been an incredibly difficult for both of us but we are hopeful for the best as we both seem willing to work together. Most of my questions have to deal with understanding as I view myself as "Mono" but I don't want to assume. She has been great and understanding of my fears and feelings and is waiting for me to work through all this. She says she just feels relieved to be able to finally admit to herself and to me and that I didn't run away.

Thank you for the great search tips.

Cheers

Back