Another Newbie

Eden

Hey, guys.

I'm posting an introduction because it seemed like the thing to do... It's entirely possible that I'll just be a lurker. :p ("Possible, but unlikely" I'll add after I finish my introduction. I can't even be brief in one of these...it's kind of hard to shut me up. lol)

Erm...let's see.

I'm twenty-six, I've been married for seven years, and we have two children. While we discussed "hypothetical polyamory" before we married, it never came up in real life until about a year ago. So far, so good. We recently witnessed a train-wreck of a poly situation in our group of friends that was a lesson in What Not To Do... It was stressful, even on the periphery as friends, but definitely educational.

We're currently in a MFM vee that evolved into "the real thing" about six months ago. My guys joke that they're "fraternity brothers". :p

Things are starting to move and real life is encroaching on the ideal - the kids are becoming aware, we'll have to deal with extended family soon, we'll all be living together for the first time... so I thought a forum might be a safe place for venting or ideas or commiseration/celebration.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys. :)

Welcome to the forums! Your "V" is a familiar situation :D

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been poking around a little bit and read some of your posts. I think our situation may be even more similar than just on the dynamics of the V. We haven't really assigned labels, but I suspect my boyfriend is monogamous based on the things that he's said.

Basically, I've made it clear that I don't want to stand in his way if anything were to develop between he and another woman -- and he's made it clear that he has no interest in developing anything with another woman. lol!

I'm quite interested to read about the relationship development between you and their son. That's really where my heart and head are at the moment with our situation. It's so important to me that my children have a good relationship with him, but we're all still feeling out what kind of relationship that will be. (Parental? Uncle-like? Adult friend of parents? Etc.)

Back