New Couple to the forums

We are a married couple new to this lifestyle. We have been searching various sites to find somewhere comfortable to share this experience and look for people interested in the same thing.

We have been married for three years and have been together for five years. We are new to this experience and have only been looking for a third for about 3 weeks so far. We have not had too much luck...we have set up profiles on dating sites and have had a couple of interested people, but nobody that has stuck around.
We are not comfortable enough yet to do local meet ups, but that may be a future option. :)

We are homebodies...love watching movies together, going to dinner, cooking dinner at home, playing games online, board games, and occasionally traveling. :) We hope to meet like minded people here that can maybe offer advice on our new adventure.

ready?

If you're not ready to even go to a meetup, are you sure you're ready to bring a third in? Even casual flings open door to more serious relationships....

Well greetings and welcome to the forums! I definitely recommend reading around to see what you can learn. A lot of times new people jump right in with questions and get frustrated to be pointed to the search function. Something important to know is you are not alone! I doubt sincerely there is someone that comes here that has a completely unique experience, so if you are going through it, someone else has too! So you can get support, and I know personally I learn a lot about things that I havent' had to deal with yet by reading what others are going through!

A good place to start is this thread http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1830

It's a list of important threads and more popular discussions and questions. A search for 'unicorns' 'unicorn hunting' and 'triads' would probably be most useful. Sometimes our hopes get us in a space where we don't see the problems that might crop up and it's good to be aware of issues BEFORE they pop up! Good luck!

Hi MFmarriedInTulsa,
Welcome to our forum.

You should check out our Golden Nuggets board, as well as our Dating & Friendships subforum. Post any thoughts, questions, or concerns as they arise. My #1 advice is to practice increasing your communication skills, as poly is all about communication and it's always possible to get better at that.

You should be able to find many sympathetic and understanding ears here. I'm glad you could join us.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back