Alaska

LovingRadiance

Ok, so I know a SHITLOAD of you guys; whom I love and adore are in Canada.

I'm curious as to who of us is from Alaska.
Obviously-Our V is.

No need to say where if you are shy-I'm not looking to make a big social network. I have no time anyway!
Just curious.

;)

*raises hand*

Alaska is probably too huge for a big social network to really work anyhow, even if you had time.

Anyhow, I'm in Homer. And it's Ariakas' fault.

Well Im in hell !!!!! OHH Wait a min????

Yup its STILL Alaska.:eek:

I do love it up here, but I was so looking forward to seeing some new places and being closer to our friends in Canada.

I do love it up here, but I was so looking forward to seeing some new places and being closer to our friends in Canada.

I thought I remembered reading that you guys were gonna move to BC... is that on hold or something?

Northern Idaho.
My parents had a huge falling out with GG that resulted in them trying to separate him from the kids while he had the kids; Maca and I were literally on a plane at the same moment.
That didn't sit well with any of us.
Before our plane landed my sister bought everyone tickets back to Alaska to regroup and replan the move without the help of the parents.

Wow, I didn't know it got that bad, sorry guys. I 'm glad you are all back together, even if it's not in the state you wanted it to be in.

Well-probably not before next October.
We put out about $30K for the move, sold the motorcycle, 4 wheeler, and most of our furniture.
All of that cash is now gone due to the resulting drama and nothing to show for it.

Fortunately Maca has a great job here and his boss hired him back 48 hours after we left.
GG hadn't quit his job here and it's a good job.

With them working we might be able to get it together by next October. If not-it will be the following.

:(

I'm also in Wasilla.

I was so excited when I found out you guys were nearby, LR... and then I discovered you guys were moving and I was very sad I wasn't going to get the opportunity to meet you. Now that things are different I'm actually a little nervous. But I think it will be okay, it's just the excitement of anticipation.

Last edited:
No need to be nervous.
We're a friendly bunch. :)

Sometimes it can be a little disconcerting at first-(or so I've been told).

Maca and I were discussing this the other night-I'm very "inclusive".
So I tend to just "bring people along" in my life.

If someone shows up at our place and I am in the middle of cleaning out the garage, I will incorporate them into it.
If I am on my way to go run errands, I'll just take them along with me to run errands.

If I have a coffee date with a friend and get a call that someone else is in crisis and needs help; I'll take the coffee friend to go help the friend in crisis.

Because of this my friends tend to get to know each other well and over the course of time they tend to build relationships with one another as well.

This is very disconcerting (so I'm told) to people who are "new" to my life. It was especially so for Maca. But once a person is around for a bit they tend to say it's a "blessing" because they find that instead of having a friend (or one rope) to hang on in their time of need, they have a whole network (or a net) to depend on in time of need.
;)

(hope my analogies don't drive you all nuts!-if so-it's Ariaka's fault!)

-Maca and I were discussing this the other night-I'm very "inclusive".
So I tend to just "bring people along" in my life.

If someone shows up at our place and I am in the middle of cleaning out the garage, I will incorporate them into it.
If I am on my way to go run errands, I'll just take them along with me to run errands.

If I have a coffee date with a friend and get a call that someone else is in crisis and needs help; I'll take the coffee friend to go help the friend in crisis.

Because of this my friends tend to get to know each other well and over the course of time they tend to build relationships with one another as well.

This is very disconcerting (so I'm told) to people who are "new" to my life. It was especially so for Maca. But once a person is around for a bit they tend to say it's a "blessing" because they find that instead of having a friend (or one rope) to hang on in their time of need, they have a whole network (or a net) to depend on in time of need.
;)

This sounds like a great way to be!

I'd love to meet you guys sometime. Do you ever come to Homer? I end up in the Anchorage area now and then, but it's usually spur-of-the-moment, whenever a few good reasons to be there coincide.

I dont think LR has been to Homer ...ever. If she has it was a long long time ago. I dont get down there often. But if I had a reason to come down I would drag LR along with me and make a weekend out of it.

I have only been to Homer one time. I was a young teen, maybe even pre-teen. It was raining so hard the place we were supposed to stay had a river of water running through it (very very leaky roof).
We ended up sleeping in the car my mom drove back to Anchorage that night.

All spring I was talking about wanting to go to Homer this summer. Then all hell broke loose and I ended up in New Orleans (I know-way off the path huh?).

It would be cool to meet sometime.
What the hell does one do in Homer in the winter? (just asking).

I can't do the outside thing well-I don't have the gear (good and bad thing-lost too much weight hehehehe) and due to the injury in my neck-getting cold is VERY painful.....

There is a good live-music scene in Homer. There is a strong artistic community as well, usually a couple shows open the first Friday of any given month. I really enjoy Karaoke, myself. That happens on weekdays and every other Friday. Any of that sound appealing?

Otherwise, my winters are mostly spent on sports and poker, and playing with my daughter.

GG wants to know if you know of Atz Kilter.

I haven't a clue what the hell that was I just typed-just followed directions.

Anyway!

If we were going to come down to visit-we'd have to drive down on a Friday night and be heading back by Sunday. Maca works M-F (as does GG) and we really can't afford to take extra time off if we're ever going to get the hell out of here! ;)

None of us does Karaoke-but we don't any of us mind listening to it. ;)

Don't know ANYTHING about Homer and places to stay inexpensive down there. Usually we do our "Alaska travel" in the summer so we can camp. But I'm not into the winter camping thing these days. ;)

Atz Kilcher, yeah. He's Jewel's dad, and when I first got to Homer I lived at his sister Mossy's farm. Most of that family is pretty strange.

I don't know him personally, nor have I seen him on stage, but I'll find out if he's performing locally much these days.

Running off to watch some volleyball now, will respond more later...

Back