New poly lesbian here.

jillb069

Hi am new to poly so I don't know a lot about it. I know theres many different types of poly. Not sure which type I am yet. I am 24 and a lesbian. I am seeing 2 girls. I was mono with one for about 3 months until I realized this about myself. I came clean to her before I started seeing the other girl but kept the other girl a secret. :( I was bad I know ) It was a third person that told her I was seeing someone else. She cried when she found out. She is slowly accepting the way I am but is still having jealousy issues and talks to me about them. She is trying though. She started asking me questions about the other girl and we had a nice conversation. I think with time she will adapt. So far, I'm having the time of my life. I haven't told my family yet about my new ways, but they've already been through my gay coming out of the closet, I don't think this will phase them. I would like to find another lady to love and I'm having the best time hunting for her.
As for my progress, my hard-wired mono qualities still arise. I will sometimes avoid telling the more jealous girl that I'm going out with the other one. But I don't lie. I will feel guilty about going to see her, but it goes away once I get there.
Can someone point me in the direction to more GLBT poly area of the site or a good gay ploy site???

The GLBT area of this site is the same as the rest of the site. We're all poly, mono, or searching here. Take a look around, I think you'll find there's other stories that echo yours, and some thoughts already discussed about how to deal with things. Jealously, guilt, dishonesty, love...none of these things are limited to one orientation, and all are recurring themes in relationships, poly or otherwise.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Jillb, welcome to the forum!

I haven't told my family yet about my new ways, but they've already been through my gay coming out of the closet, I don't think this will phase them.
You may be surprised - I was very surprised to find some friends of mine who were very open to same-sex relationships felt very awkward when I "came out" to them as poly. Said it was against their religious (catholic) beliefs....

Can someone point me in the direction to more GLBT poly area of the site or a good gay ploy site???
I, also, would like to think that you can discuss any issues you have or questions or whatever in the general forum boards - I think that you will find people more open that in most society, at least that's been my experience, and I hope you find the same.

There is a "Social Group" set up for GLBT polys on here - Look for the "Community" link in the forum menu bar, and pick "Social Groups". You should be able to find one called "Gay, Bi-, Queer Poly" which you can join. And looking just now, I see you have already found it and joined. ;)

Welcome Jill,
As others have said, I think you'll find pretty good representation here from the GLBT community although most of the topics we seem to end up dealing with are pretty universal so jump right in. The water's fine.

GS

Thank you for everyone for sharing. I see a lot of people who love to love. I see that poly is very queer friendly in itself. I love reading all the stories on the forum. Thank you for the site links GLBT poly. I feel a very strong sense of relief since I told my girl I need to love more than one. I've been talking to her about everything I'm feeling and we are actually getting closer emotionally. I told her to try and think outside of what society tells us is ideal and maybe go on a date with a girl she likes. I hope that we can work this out because I'd hate to lose her.

Back