new to trinogamy

Heather89

So, my boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 years now and we are completely in love. I knew he was my kind of guy the first time I met him through a mutual friend at a party. After our first date, we were inseparable. Now I'm going to grad school for the next two years in Pennsylvania and he is still in southern Illinois doing his undergrad for the next year, so we have a long distance relationship, but that doesn't stop us from communicating in some form all the time. So anyway, we have a mutual friend in northern Illinois (where he's from and where we plan on living in the future) who is amazing. She's fun, flirty, eccentric, and always a blast to be around. We have had one sexual encounter with her and plan on doing it again when we're together over winter break. I'm even allowing him to have sex with her over Thanksgiving break before he comes to see me. But we all want to be more than bedroom partners. We want to be in a relationship with her. We want to support her going back to school, live with her, and potentially have a family with her. This girl is amazing and willing to be with us as well. As a matter of fact, she thought we were all in a relationship already. She's completely on board with the idea. I really think we could be a good little "tripod", but I'm worried about the social reactions of pretty much everyone. My mother doesn't even know I'm bisexual, much less having sex with a woman and a man together! I'm going to be a professional psychologist, so I'd probably have to keep it pretty well hidden from, well, everyone. They're both majoring in art, so they may have a little more room for eccentric relationships, but he may keep it under wraps too.
Do you have any advice for a new potential tinogamous unit?

-Heather

Hi Heather,
Welcome to our forum.

I suggest you keep those communication channels flowing, as communication is highly important to any kind of poly relationship. As for "coming out," that's completely up to you; you don't have to tell people if you're not comfortable doing so.

I would spend some time reading various threads on this site (perhaps using search and tag search sometimes), and just post if you have a specific thought, question, or concern somewhere. Right now, it sounds like the three of you have a promising relationship.

Glad to have you onboard,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back