how do I delete my account?

Silent

I am disappointed in this sight. I have been told any discussion about polyamory should be put in sex discussions. I'm sorry I thought polyamory was about relationship NOT sex.

I think you're misreading the suggestions in response to your original post.

If you want to look for people to form a relationship with, then those belong in the Personals section for your area, hence why your original post was moved there.

If you'd like to introduce yourself and a bit about your situation, then those go in the introductions area.

If you want to talk about poly relationships, yours or others, having them, surviving them, thriving in them, then those go in the relationships corner.

General Poly Discussions is for discussing poly in more general terms, more like the theory and philosophy of it.

Meeting and Events area is a good place to look for local events or groups in your area...and the Pacific NW is a very busy poly place indeed. You'll have no shortage of events if you can make it into Seattle.

This is not a dating site, just don't post anymore. People aren't going to be looking up your profile and send messages just because you have a user id. Don't see why you have to DELETE your account if you don't find the site useful.

Members can't delete their own accounts, but the Moderators can ban someone. Your threads and posts, however, will still remain after having been banned. If you don't want to keep up with this message board, just stop visiting and don't post anymore. Simple.

We purposely don't delete accounts here because the flow of threads becomes destroyed and ends up seeming choppy and confusing. People do searches for old threads and its important that when they find them they are still intact. This site is public and people come here to read threads to gain knowledge. Everytime someone posts here the post becomes open for public consumption. Its important to chose a user name wisely, consider your words and the information give and own up to what you say. If you struggle with that then don't post, turn your notifications off and walk away from the thread. As the others have said. That being said, anyone who choses a user name that is not common to them and doesn't give info that people will recognise (names, places, times) can write about intimate details that cannot be discussed with even close friends and lovers. Your choice. :)

Sad that this board offers no option to delete posts or accounts....sounds pretty damn controlling to me. Wish I had never checked it out and going to suggest my wife not get involved with the likes of those on this board. I have nothing good to say from what I have read (especially the smart ass responses) to people's posts whom mods apparently don't like. Nice little Nazi board going on here. Please ban me as I don't wish to be a part of this POS.

Sad that this board offers no option to delete posts or accounts....sounds pretty damn controlling to me. Wish I had never checked it out and going to suggest my wife not get involved with the likes of those on this board. I have nothing good to say from what I have read (especially the smart ass responses) to people's posts whom mods apparently don't like. Nice little Nazi board going on here. Please ban me as I don't wish to be a part of this POS.

wow that's seriously pathetic.
what redpepper has stated is the way *most* forums work, especially those offering information or advice to the outside world as well.

if you really want all your posts deleted, go back in your subscriptions and manually delete them all yourself.
or is the little nazi board stopping you from doing that? big-bad-meanie mods and all :rolleyes: stopping your fingers from doing the hard work yourself.

Actually you only have a 12 hour window to edit your posts. He can unsubscribe from the threads so he doesn't get notifications but the conversation remains for others to read and learn from.

This information is in the FAQ and the Sticky post in the User Guidelines section of the boards.

And 12 hours is a very generous time frame. Most other boards I've been a member of or moderated only offer three minutes.

I've modded a board for over 8 years and there were no restrictions to deleting an account or time frame for editing a post...this place is lame.

Last edited:
I've modded a board for over 8 years and there were no restrictions to deleting an account or time frame for editing a post...this place is lame.

Happy trails, then. Guess you joined without reading the Guidelines. Oh well, go enjoy your hissy fit. Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on your way out. Buh-bye!

I've never really understood the urges to delete my posts and purge my account that many people seem to have when they get angry on forums. You can literally just leave. There is no reason to go through and delete everything you have (making some conversations impossible to follow) or delete your account. You don't have to log in. No one knows who you are.

Again, Nazi assholes, you can suck me!

I bet this guy is an AWESOME partner and is SO MUCH FUN to be in a relationship with.

(By "awesome" and "so much fun", I mean the opposite of "awesome" and the opposite of "so much fun".)

Thank you, Nazi Moderators, for doing a shitty job!

(By "Nazi", I mean the opposite of "Nazi" and by "shitty", i mean the opposite of "shitty".)

:cool:

Our reason for giving a 12 hour window is so that people who react to situations with angry words or haven't got their thoughts together and wish to change what they say, have time to re-do what they say. If we allowed members to remove posts threads get confusing and are useless in terms of telling a story and process people go through in their written word. People tag and re-read threads far into the future. Its important to us to keep them whole and legible. Sure, other boards don't do that, but that is the choice they have made. No two forums are alike and that is what attracts or keeps people from coming here. We can't please everyone and we aren't going to be liked by everyone. Just how it is. I would ask that if a person doesn't like it here that they at least realize it is their personal preference. There are different takes on what makes a forum suitable, interesting and worth being here for a person.

Many of the problems people seem to have with this tend to be a result of not reading the Usage and Rules part of the forum. Folks are eager to post about their particular issue and then don't get the kinds of responses they were looking for, then they want their posts deleted even after it has spawned productive discussion.

12 hours is a very generous edit window. It gives someone time to sleep/reflect on what they said and re-read their posts after getting some replies, and if they regret giving too many details, it's not too late to change their words. What some individuals fail to realize is that just because this is a forum geared toward "alternative" relationships, it is not the moderators' job to be a post-deleting service. If you want to be able to be in complete control of where, when, and how your words are available, start a blog with one of the many free services, and post here with links to your blog(s). That way, you can add and delete anything anytime, people can offer their feedback, and you retain a modicum of anonymity. It may be a little more complicated to set up something like that, but quite a few members of this forum have done it. Also, if it's too much work to arrange yourself a flexible internet environment, it's probably too much work to maintain more than one relationship. If you can read, type, and have access to the internet, it is possible to figure out how to set up a free weblog by Googling for the topics you need to do so. There is no need to be "computer savvy" in order to become self-empowered in that way.

Back