Movies: That would have been better with a poly ending.

greenearthal

I think there are many, many unrequited love and lack of communication movies where either the whole movie could have been avoided or the ending could have been much better if someone could toss a polyamory grenade onto the set at a strategic point in the film.

This is a thread for speculating how various movies would have been different/better with a polyamorous plot twist.

Go.

(if any mods want to move this to general discussion, it probably belongs there moreso than here.)

Last edited:
Ha. I've just recently read Mists of Avalon. The Arthurian Legend would certainly be a VERY different story with an explicitly polyamorous plot twist. I remember watching Excalibur dozens of times in my teens, but I don't really remember the particulars about the film anymore.

(edit: I just YouTubed a bit of it. Fun times.)

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I thought Star Wars would have been.... until I found out Luke and Leia were siblings.

But the Dark Knight would have been more interesting if the love triangle had played out differently. That is all I can think of for now.

The movie "Frida" and Frida Kahlo's life DOES have poly themes in it. It doesn't play out as a PURE IDEAL poly situation, but it was a real-life type situation. Maybe Frida's husband Diego Rivera was something of a womanizer, but both of them stayed together while carrying on relationships with other people.

I just looked up at my DVD's and that was the first one I saw that fit the description of this topic.

I watched the film "My Best Friend's Wedding" back when I was a newly Polyamorous person, and desperately wanted to drop a Polybomb into that whole mess and have a happily ever after. It was agonizing.

Quath -=- I used to be conflicted about the whole Luke - Leia - Han thing too. Until RoTJ was released.

Last edited:
Object of My Affection. Definite poly potential in that one.
Now I'm not sure which relationship it would have fit in or if they should have just added another relationship, but Love Actually could have added that aspect. They do include what appears to be an orgy at one point and they do touch on infidelity and the friend being in love with his best friend's girl...but nothing more than that.

Hmmmmm

"Princess Bride"

She could have had all of the three leads as husbands. Just think ladies - A Pirate - A Spanish Swordman - & A Giant.

What more could you ask for?

Just Me,
Tim

"Princess Bride"

She could have had all of the three leads as husbands. Just think ladies - A Pirate - A Spanish Swordman - & A Giant.

Just Me,
Tim

LMAO at least you didn't include the short irritating guy. Can't remember his name atm.

Fezzini

Object of My Affection - definitely.

Henry & June

I recently watched "Three Men and a Little Lady" for the 1st time. In the first half of the film, I'm thinking, "Cool! An older mainstream film showing a functional poly household, with a kid!" The mom totally acts like she is married to all three of them, and it works extremely well. The men are best friends and even act like they're married to each other at times. The little girl is obviously very well adjusted. Everyone communicates well, supports each other, etc. There is patience, love, humor and kindness. They are an awesome family. Then one day the woman freaks out about sex and starts going on about needing something normal, and runs off to marry the first loser who asks her! The film makes it clear that she is about to completely screw up her kid's life permanently. The man she was about to marry had no respect for her and was lying to her. Of course, Hollywood has one of the other 3 men decide he loves her, and they get married instead. Huh? What about the other 2 men she loves who also love her? That damn film seriously needed a poly bomb to be tossed right into the middle of that shit. It was obvious that a poly situation would have been the best thing for everyone involved, and even better - they would have all been cool with it!

:confused:

Gread thread! LOL!

My Best Friend's Wedding. Definite need for a poly ending.
Geez, I can't think of any others right now. How sad is that.

Sex and the City Movie

Samantha and Smith Jarrod... enter # 3, etc. At least an open relationship would have been totally hot!

Four Feathers - with Keith Ledger. It's about the British Army.
And I always seem to find the poly spin on any movie we watch that involves more then two adults.

I loved the 3 Men & A baby, little lady.

But the Dark Knight would have been more interesting if the love triangle had played out differently. That is all I can think of for now.

*visions of Batman and Harvey Dent* oooh... *fans self* ROFL!!!!:p:p

"Princess Bride"

Just Me,
Tim

LOL!!!! Yes! I guess she would have had it covered for life. :D

Hmmm... I'm not sure I know of any movies I would have changed to have a poly-ending.

The Star Trek Episode of 'Amok Time' could have been absolutely riviting with a poly ending... o_o

IDK That last MOVIE is saw was 'This is It'. And poly would have made that really interesting. (All adults people... Head in the gutter is one thing. Under the sewage truck with your mouth open is another...)

The Prince of Tides! Never, ever understood how he was able to stay with his wife because he thought of his lover...

The Bridge of Madison County!

High Fidelity. Top 5? All 5! ;)

Just watched the new movie "2012" in the theatre.

There is a love triangle: Dad (divorced), Mom (remarried) and Stepdad.

At several points, it is shown that Dad & Mom still love each other. Dad & Stepdad start out with a kind of tepid animosity, but gradually gain a solid respect for each other, forged even deeper by shared adversity.

Sounds like a good foundation for a happy poly ending, right?

Nah, this is Hollywood!

Without spoiling the movie, I was quite disappointed with how the love triangle was resolved...

:(

Back