new poly rambling

IsntLifeFun

Just some ramblings from a new to poly life.
I'm married with a mono wife, living in the same house though she decided we are separated because of my poly-ness. She's trying her best to accept me as poly. We have two young kids.
On the weekends I travel 90 minutes to my other 'family', a married couple that I've known since HS some 25 years ago (Lynn & Steve). Does that make me a traveling man?
So now I get sad when I'm away from my kids, and then I get sad when I'm away from my 2nd family. On the weeks where I have to 'skip' them it's even harder to bear.
I get plenty of my kid's time, but sometimes it's hard to get alone time with Lynn away from steve. Steve is great but I need some one on one with lynn. It's something that we'll need to work on.
On the other end, my wife is having to appease our kids when I'm away.
Any other 'travelers' out there? How do you do it?

When my ex and I first opened our marriage, his gf was up in Montreal and we were in Massachusetts. I really resented when he'd go visit her for a 3day weekend and I'd be stuck at home with the kids. His gf had no kids, so they'd be off in NRE-land, having sex, sleeping in, wandering around a romantic city, parks and cafes and reading poetry out loud to each other in bookstores, going out for sushi dinners, and I'd be left with 3 active kids, laundry, soccer practice, Pokemon, Lego, and mac and cheese for dinner.

I didn't handle it well at the time... for various reasons I made him break it off with his gf.

Back