Boston Area Student

Calvinxc1

Hi everyone, newbie to the forum here, I'm male, 29, and hoping to meet up with a nice polyamorous lady in the area and see if some kind of relationship can be built. I'm a recent grad school transplant originally from California. I'm an enthusiastic, witty intellectual who comes at life with a perspective and zest that can baffle the best of us (including myself!) on regular occasion! I'm an ardent believer in social justice causes like gender and racial equity, anti-discrimination, and legal/policy reformation to match those goals. The latter of which is my field of study, child and family policy. I'm striving towards federal government work, where I can bring the perspective of disenfranchised groups into federal welfare program evaluation, and help give them a voice in the policies that impact them.

I'm also an accomplished nerd, and not just in the traditional 'good with computers' way. I blend my love of technology and science fiction with my academia. My best example is one of my undergraduate papers where I analyzed relationship narratives across various media: books, movies, TV, video games. I absolutely delight in culture, and look at it from multiple perspectives. Media is rich with culture and narrative that speaks about who and what we are, I absolutely delight in it, and even more so sharing it with others.

Sharing is important for me in a relationship, and I'm very much looking for someone with whom I can share the things I enjoy, media being near the top of the list. Because of this, good communication is also important to me. I absolutely delight in a direct exchange of thoughts and ideas. Sensation is an important experience in a relationship for me, and I very much enjoy regular physical engagement in the form of holding hands, cuddling, kissing, hugging, etc. Shared interests are important, but aren't necessary across the board. If there's a few things that catch your eye in this description and/or the interests list, then chat with me about them, let's see if we can build a little rapport around a few common themes.

The last thing I'm looking for is also the one I give the most emphasis to: Be bold. If you like what you read, say so.

Also, ask me about wholehearted living, it's a great topic!

Cheers folks,

Welcome to the Forums!

Sounds like you have your stuff together in terms of melding your interests and your studies and your future career. Kudos!

I'm a huge SF fan myself, but mainly of the "dead-tree" variety (although lots of the classic and brand-new SF writers are available in digital formats). I like hard SF and SF that looks at the differing social structures that could develop with changes in society and technology.

The phrase "wholehearted living" reminded me of the Heinlein quote: "Take big bites. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.”

I'm generally a very deliberate planner and over-analyze my decisions - but when I decide to take the plunge - fuck it - I'm jumping in feet first! (Hate life in town, can't stand having neighbors? Fine. Now living on my 23 acres of heaven in the middle of nowhere. Fall for another guy after 19 years? Fine. Move him in as well (>waves to Dude<). Can't take the policies at work, feel pressured to go along with something you can't take? Fine. Tell 'em to piss off. They fire me or back off (they backed off).

I suspect I'll enjoy reading your posts here should you decide to poke around and chime in.

JaneQ

Back