Why do you use the online name that you use?

redpepper

Mine is Redpepper and the story behind it is that I was having an emotional LDR with a man who is also a redhead. He used another veggie for his on line name and he suggested that I use redpepper for my name on Fet life, as I was starting an account. I didn't end up using that but decided to here.

I wish now that I hadn't used the name I did on Fet life as it is the only one of it's kind out there and at least redpepper is harder to google... you get a lot of red pepper recipes.... fine with me!

Anyway, I would change everything to this name if I could as it suits me somehow, or have I become someone because of it.... don't know.

It's funny because my nicknames in real life are far more soft and squishy.... kinda lovey and endearing. What does that say??? I'm a hard ass redhead when redpepper and not so much in real life? :confused: HA, you'll have to guess on that one... Mono would know. Probably a little of both..

If I had to pick a name for Mono that would suit him in real life it would be "schooner" as it's his fighting name. Or maybe "the littlest Hobo" as he saw himself like that at one point... or "sherpa" as he tends to carry all the stuff while the core primary family walks ahead (his choice I have to add!).

I wonder what he would pick for me?

My husband would be "mushroom" as he is a mushroom geek... always researching, picking, growing, getting together with a local mycological society... or maybe "fuzzy" as he was called that in high school due to his ultra curly blond hair.

Anyway, would love to here others?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Because......

I'm a Druid and I kind of go wayward every now and again.

Just Me,
Tim

Years and years ago, back when the internet was a baby... ;) I first got online.

At the time I was the only female construction inspector in my region and when I needed an online name, ConstructionLady seemed to fit the bill.
That was too long to type all the time tho so I became constlady.
Have been ever since, though for a time I used a different name on dating sites, since I'm the only constlady I ever found so far.

Let's see....

She's "Bexy" and he's "Ben".

Simple as that. :)

(Oddly enough, we've met a bunch of others with those names since we picked it... Who'da thunk that there were that many Bexy's and Ben's in the world?)

I just wanted something with the word poly in it and was feeling a little chubby the day I signed up. ;)

I've had the same ID for nearly 10 yrs, and I use it everywhere. At it's conception, it as because I held a flame for a fox I met in 1988. over time, it has evolved to mean many things.

I originally set out for the four of us to have a blog together where we would each post things. We weren't really creative with a name. No one else posts much od anywhere except me. I just kept that name to be consistent with most everything I am involved in on the internet with regards to the four of us.

I uses two handles around the net: Ceoli and Seinneann. Both of them are Gaelic shorthand words for musician or music maker. Basically because I'm half Irish (though now officially an Irish citizen!) and I'm a musician by trade. :)

I just really like the lines:

Well, I dreamt I saw you walkin'
Up a hillside in the snow
Casting shadows on the winter sky
As you stood there counting crows
One for sorrow, two for joy
three for girls, and four for boys
five for silver, six for gold
seven for a secret never to be told

There's a bird that nests inside you
sleeping underneath your skin
When you open up your wings to speak
I wish you'd let me in

NOTE: As you can tell, my screen name has changed. I found several other sites with folks using versions of SeventhCrow and figured I didn't want to be associated with their writings and they probably didn't want to be associated with mine. There's only one place I'm still SC, and I'm considering deleting that profile and starting a new one.

As for AT, well, I needed something that was unlikely to appear as somebody else's byline. I pulled it from the works of one of my favorite poets.

Last edited:
I just really like the lines:

Well, I dreamt I saw you walkin'
Up a hillside in the snow
Casting shadows on the winter sky
As you stood there counting crows
One for sorrow, two for joy
three for girls, and four for boys
five for silver, six for gold
seven for a secret never to be told

There's a bird that nests inside you
sleeping underneath your skin
When you open up your wings to speak
I wish you'd let me in

I really like that... is it part of a larger work?

Long ago I wanted to sign up to the Rage Against the Machine forums and wanted to pick a screenname that I could also have as my email address. I tried a few names that were already taken, but greenearthal was not. I have many, many posts on many many forums with this screenname now. I have a song called gea on my cd. And I have a sort of sequel song where my bandmates wrote a really syrupy chorus "green earth al is my pal, saved the world with his smile, while he smiled all the while."

I really like that... is it part of a larger work?

Those are lyrics from "A Murder of One" by Counting Crows. The lyrics quote a poem, though I'm blanking on the poet right now.

LoLa is a combo of first and last name I use for writing and kink. I thought to do some topping, so needed something that would work, and "whatever Lola wants, lola gets..." was fun. Well, the topping is long gone, but the handle sticks for "alternative" lifestyle things. :)

Hmm. my favorite color is red. Kinda obvious if you know me. And My name translates into mermaid - hence siren.
There is more to it, but if I told you, you would figure me out!!! HAHA

My handle

Cool to hear these explanations, thanks Rp. Good one.

Mine is a nickname from childhood given me by my dad derived from my name-Rachel. He has a "special" sense of humor and was not about to call me something as unsatisfying as "Rach" that could not be said in an ironic tone of voice. :)

This is pretty cool - hope to hear from more...Mine also goes back to the beginning of time..I wanted to use parts of my name so used my middle name and first 4 letters of my last name...it stuck and I have been everywhere ;)

MonoVCPHG

Mono- as in mongamously wired
Vanilla- as in sexually unexploratory and non BDSM or kink
Cracker - merely a referance to plain white, un interesting
Poly - as in Poly
Hag - as in hang around to poly people
Guru - a joke on "knowing a lot and having answers"

there you have it!

Mono,

Man, I was always curious. What a moniker! And a weird foray into the inner-workings of your mind...ooohhh;)

Mine's brand new for this forum, but I think I'll keep some variant of it. I've been shedding a lot of my past lately, old pain, old futures, old ideas and somehow, old screen names. I came up with rubyfish really late one night and still am not quite sure where it came from or how much I like it.

Ruby is my birth stone and I really identify with that, which is odd, as I'm like the least girly girl I know. Fish is a misspelled chunk of my last name.

I keep telling my husband he should join and pick a screen name that matches mine because I think it's really cute when couples do that. Maybe rubysboy or something like that. Or playing off his name and birthstone ...

Back