Why are there not more older people

9inchtongue

that are polyamory? I am sixty four years old, and my wife is also sixty four years old.We were married to someone for twenty nine years before they passed away. We both were alone for five years before we met and married. Thinking back either one of us should not have waited that long before getting back in a relationship. With the baby boomers growing older, and dying off, why should there not be more poly relationships, whether it is one man, and multiply women, or two men and one women. With the ever rising cost of living it is time to rethink the mono relationship. When I was younger sex mattered more in the relationship now it still matters, but not as much as the companionship that will come of the relationship. My wife and I have been discussing adding another women in our life. A women with similar interest. We see us sleeping in the same bed living together in harmony

that are polyamory? I am sixty four years old, and my wife is also sixty four years old.We were married to someone for twenty nine years before they passed away. We both were alone for five years before we met and married. Thinking back either one of us should not have waited that long before getting back in a relationship. With the baby boomers growing older, and dying off, why should there not be more poly relationships, whether it is one man, and multiply women, or two men and one women. With the ever rising cost of living it is time to rethink the mono relationship. When I was younger sex mattered more in the relationship now it still matters, but not as much as the companionship that will come of the relationship. My wife and I have been discussing adding another women in our life. A women with similar interest. We see us sleeping in the same bed living together in harmony

There are like minds and ages out there. I'm 43 (yes probably a baby to you two but to others here I'm gettin' up there). I'm also finding that in many situations age begins to become less important. My partners had been between 13 years younger than me and up to 10 years older. The people you seek are on this earth, may you guys find them. ((hugs))

This makes me smile. I've read some posts (not here) of follow ups from poly meets in real life where folks are complaining 'why is everyone into poly so OLD?' :D

I think the question is less age than it is openness. I was involved in gay pride parades just a decade after Stonewall. I marched for legislation. Now, the kids expect to have the right to marry. Yes, they're still working for it, but it amazes me to know youngsters who can't fathom NOT being out. When I was a very young adult, being out was the biggest deal there was.

Poly is much more out than it was 30 years ago. 30 years ago, there was no internet by which to locate folks in your interest group.

I think there are a lot of 60+ year old people who have emotional poly relationships...

And those relationships may slide into a physical relationship. Do those people call it poly?? or just good friends?

Just like with other ages.. I think there's more poly (both emotional and physical) that just hasn't been labelled.

When more people hear about this... and learn more... more will realize that they've had this.

In general there are more younger people online than older people, so that plays a factor in the age distribution on polyamory.com.

In my real life local poly communities there are many people who are 50s, 60s or older. It's great to have people around who been doing poly for decades.

Back