From part of a nuclear family to quite queer in a week

Polyester

My husband G and I opened our relationship since I was in love with another man (M) as well. I explained this to M and he was willing to give it a try. Then my husband (relieved by me breaking our hetero-mono-normativity) came out as maletofemale transsexual. So I ended up with a wife (now named O) and a boyfriend. This was less than eight months ago.

M is currently not so comfortable with "the poly thing", but still wants to stay in the relationship anyway.

O is transitioning and is about to get hormones. We have a child (J who is 2,5 years old) and we have tried to get us pregnant since O came out, since trans people must be sterialized in Sweden to be able to transition legally.

This is my current situation. I am glad to be here.

Magdlyn should find you soon. She's a wealth of knowledge and compassion for the trans folk that come here, and their partners.

Not that the rest of us aren't a compassionate lot, but actual experience makes advice so much more relevant. ;)

Well, I don't know if you need any advice or support, Polyester, but I am in a relationship with a transwoman, and genderqueer myself. Welcome to the board!

miss pixi and I are both pansexual and poly. I'm not in any other relationships right now (except one long distance one), but miss pixi has a bi boyfriend.

Thank you all! The transitioning is going fine. O is on her way to get hormones and we are reinventing our sex life. I will probably need more on that later, but now I am more concerned about my mono boyfriend. He has not gotten used to me loving two people and that will make it problematic for me to spend more time with him. My ideal is us all living together, but that will not work if he can't stand seeing me show O affection. I will have to enjoy what I've got and practice patience.

Polyester,

There's a blog here from Evrchanging that is in large part about her husband's transition to being her wife. You and O might get a lot out of it.

It's refreshing and inspiring and just...it makes me happy to see a wife who loved her husband so much that she loves him as a person not as a man. Restores a bit of my faith in humanity.

Back