Don't know much about picking up but geez...

aussielover

Ok, so in preperation for me going down under, I joined a yahoo group for Poly Aussies.
Got to talking to a couple people and after a few emails back and forth with this one guy who happened to live in Sydney and telling me which sites to see, (also knowing the kind of relationship I'm involved in) he asked me if when I was there I would want to get together and sleep with him. :eek:

I was rather shocked to say the least. He said he liked making love to like minded people. Now, I know I'm still new, and my mono-poly relationship doesn't have me searching for people, but is this normal? After just a few emails exchanged, no pictures or anything, this guy wanted to jump in bed with me just because I happened to be in his city. ANd because I happen to be poly, he thought I'd accept? Wtf?

Needless to say I declined and haven't heard from him since, but that really put me off.

Sounds like just another schmuck with a loose screw to me.

Pun intended regards the "loose screw".

Hey, that's almost as good as Mono's "monopoly rules".

Yup, sounds like he was just looking for a quickie with no meaning. I wonder if his definition of poly is different than yours.

CLEARLY it is. Even if I were not in a mono-poly relationship. Isnt' the whole point LOVING others, emotional connections? Not just a quicky with a stranger.

Sounds like some sad sack who can't build relationships and thinks that poly = swinger. I say we have to expect a proportion of any poly group would be of that sort.

Expect it and have seen it. Don't take it to heart AussieLover.

Naw I didn't. I was just like, wtf? lol Rather glad he stopped contacting me after I refused him. I even did it nicely lol

lol sheesh..Think We are gonna have to Put a Set of Dog tags on you! lol A Unicorn Collar!
:p

The nerve of some poeple!!

hehe apparently I'm getting tethered with a collar and all. Grrah hehe

The collar might just be the start....

*cracks out the bondage gear*

Dont know what your talkin about.......

All the best dressed Unicorns are wearing them.

roameo-gps-tracker.jpg

Have a safe journey.

Just Me,
Tim

hehe is that a tracking system? lol
Crap, what am I getting into here hehehehhe

just two days!

It's good that you were able to cut it off because it wasn't what you were looking for and fantastic that you know where your boundaries are.

But honestly, I'm not going to go and judge someone because he wants to have sex with someone he's only been emailing. I'm not going to consider him a schmuck or someone who is incapable of intimacy or someone who "isn't doing poly right". There are people I've made great connections with online where we knew we would be having sex when we met. There are people who like to have sex with lots of people because of the connection that sex can create, even if it's not with the intent of creating a long-term relationship. There are people who consider sex with friends as natural as going out for coffee with them. Does this make the sex meaningless? Does this make them swingers? It's not for me to say because I'm not them. I can only speak for what I want and what's meaningful to me.

As so many people say here on this forum, there are lots and lots of ways to do poly. I'm sure there are lots of people who have questioned you for moving half way across the world to be in a committed triad with a couple you've only spent x amount of time with. They probably think it's not right because of how they see things. But you know better and you know what's right for you and you chose to go because it was right. The same reasoning applies to anyone who wants something different from something I want.

If it's not right for you, then fine. But I really wish people would stop assuming that if it's not right for them then it must be *wrong*.

(oh- and safe travels! You're probably flying now...)

Last edited:
I'm sorry that happened to you, Aussielover. It's like my Hubby always says, "You can't blame a guy for having good taste, unless he's got bad manners." :cool:

Back